TSiVipul

Corolla Altis D-4D bought.

Lets get one thing straight,right now I cannot drive for next one month because my knee will not allow me.
So I cannot post any first drive before that.
The Corolla was never my choice because I don't like dogs,c'mon yaar I drive a TSI.My father has grown up to a different type of person and told me the following(about one month back):-

Father:We will be buying this car..
I:How,Why,When..has anything gone wrong with Laura?
Father:It has sipped petrol of 21000 in just 10 days.
I:It will,car runs on petrol.
Father:This is a Toyota and a diesel,it runs at 2 rs/km and this is final.

At that time I thought that I can get a Laura TDI or a Chevrolet Optra,since my father is chauffeur driven,so Cruze was automatically out of list due to its rear seat.But all dreams were shattered.Today had a look at a pic of the Corolla which is a top-end GL variant in champaign(that golden+brown type shade) color.It has already arrived here and will be recieved on 10th(not on 9th because it is a Tuesday and my father is a bit superstitious too).

Here are some of my queries:
1)Is there any Corolla P/D owner there?
2)How does it drives,as I have not driven this new varinat ever?
3)How is the Corolla's maintanance,as I have none in my surroundings?
4)Are there any upgrades required?

EDIT:COROLLA IS OVERPRICED TOO,ITS COSTING US 16.37 LACS ON ROAD MEERUT AND THERE IS NO AUTOMATIC

TOO..

Thread moved.
BornFree2011-10-29 15:35:44

@Ashikawa:

It is showing 2nd August 2010,but the car we are buying is a latest variant which has got a lot more features like touch screen ICE,bluetooth connectivity etc etc...don't know about all of them..

Well thanks for the concern you showed,there is really nothing left to recover.There is not even a mark on my face,my neck and knee(misplaced bone) are only painful nothing else.JUST IGNORE IT..MY FINGERS CAN TYPE AND MY BRAIN CAN STILL THINK...DO I NEED ANYTHING ELSE?

Nice to see a very Active member(TSiVipul) back on the forum after severe illness.

Hope you're feeling alright now !!

Here are some of my queries:
1)Is there any Corolla P/D owner there?

Its not me but one of my good friend he owns a Toyota Corolla ALTIS D-4D(pre 2011 facelift version) & he's very much satisfied with its Performance(as he's not a True-blue performance freak but he usually loves to drive always), Its Refinement, Stability & fuel efficiency.

He's getting in excess of 18kmpl from it on his 80:20 Highway:City driving cycle.

Toyota badge is an added charm for him giving him peace of mind & feel of reliability always.

I have seen he car in front of my eyes and checked it from inside also.i can say that if you dont think of the small engine,then the car is having a luxury feel.the wood used looks good and new front grill also looks very good.

Just enjoy dear,see you will be the first on the forum to have this car,and share its experience.What i want is to see you on the steering wheel as soon as possible and post here your driving experience too.

@Dr_Nishu:

Can you get the information about the maintainance,service costs etc etc for me from your friend.

Also if the car really requires any aftermarket mods too?

Will installing a free-flow-exhaust void the warranty or only engine mods do it?

IS THERE ANYTHING WITH PETE'S FOR THE COROLLA D-4D?

Welcome back mate.

I missed you. smiley27.gif

And well Corolla Altis is gonna make you love your P200 even more.

I mean, cmon, its even more boring than a well, corolla(sorry, couldnt find a more boring car)

@Winner:

That heart is making me think wrong...LOL

I know that my 200 will get even more dearer now,but still business says:

Spend as less as possible and earn as high as possible...this theory ruled my father's head and since its the first time he is asking me to accept his decision so I can't say no,else everytime I rule and he follows.. smiley17.gif

@TSI,

Its wonderful to have you back here, we all were worried about your health & missed you 'n your comments badly.

@Corolla,

Do not touch her atleast till 5000kms on odo. Has the car been bought or its still under consideration, if latter, try to push him for a Vento, which is a best of both worlds.

@Creativebala:

Why not to touch the car in first 5k kms?

I it will remain untouched,then how it will do 5000 kms?

The car has been nearly bought,Vento was out of list because..."MY FATHER IS NOT READY TO HEAR ANYTHING,WHAT HE KNOWS IS...IT IS A TOYOTA,IT IS A DIESEL,IT IS A COROLLA AND HAS A VERY COMFORTABLE REAR SEAT FOR HIM"When I showed him Cruze,he didnt even entered rear seats of the car saying "we have to buy a car not a compressor".When I showed him Optra magnum,he said "It is a good car,but Corolla feels more comfy".When I showed him Laura A/T,he said "Driver will drive,why A/T?Lets see M/T"After seeing M/T he said "We already have one,both are same..NO".

He liked the Yeti and was nearly ready to buy it and cancel the Corolla but suddenly arrived a nonsense man from somewhere in the dealership who owned a Yeti and crashed it,he gave a free advice to my father andmy father rejected Yeti too.I asked him to get a Swift DZire,he said"Then what's wrong in i10,when we need small car".Honda city..he said "I need a good rear seat,and you yourself tell me that this scrapes from bottom so no City"..

In other words:My father is now out of mind for Corolla and has already given his heart to her...so nothing can be done except waiting for it to arrive and take some of its pics to post here..

I mean to say, do not add FFE or upgrade the ECU with Petes or something . Be gentle with her till her 5k.

.I asked him to get a Swift DZire' date='he said"Then what's wrong in i10,when we need small car".Honda city..he said "I need a good rear seat,and you yourself tell me that this scrapes from bottom so no City"..
In other words:My father is now out of mind for Corolla and has already given his heart to her...so nothing can be done except waiting for it to arrive and take some of its pics to post here..[/quote']

Then thank god for not showing Manza in his eyes. IIRC you hate tatas, but the luxury offered in Manza is unmatched for its price.

@Bala:

The day I took the name of Aria,the conversation was something like the following:-

I:Well,how about 7 seats,full luxury,6 airbags for superb safety and utility of 4X4 for your hill and broken roads travels.

He:Sounds great,that means it will be a 7 seater big car.

I:Yes,its simply great.

He:Whats her name?

I:Aria.(Note:I haven't mentioned TATA)

He:Okay,we will see one after I return from my work.

At evening we reached to see it,what happened there was:-

I:Here is the dealership.

He:This is a Tata!

I:Fiat too.

He:Oh a Fiat car,okay lets see.

We entered,and salesperson who knew about our arrival took us to the car and said"This is TATA ARIA".

Father:It looks big,but even our Safari looked good.

I:Papa,this is great and has 6 airbags for safety,from side too,even your laura too don't have..(I mentioned airbags because he is also very keen on safety)

He:6 Airbags!!Impressive.Okay,lets see from inside..

He was happy after seeing the car and slept at night,on the morning we woke up and I asked him to go for the booking of Aria.

I don't know from whom he talked at night,but he said.."You go and book one if you have cash...WE WILL BUY ONLY COROLLA".. smiley11.gifTSiVipul2011-08-06 09:52:31

Hi Vipul, nice to see you back on the Forum. From your father's point of view, Toyota-D is a good, economical and proven car and he is right in his sense. But I am sorry for you, if you are going to drive, in alternative of your Tsi, of course to save fuel. Any way if the date (Your B-day) is not that important  for buying car, tell him to wait till new Jetta or even Mahindra new SUV. All the best.

Will be talking to the father after he returns tomorrow.Even I am also keen about the Jetta.

Since he has taken Laura again so he will be complaining again that he had to stop twice for filling on the way the negative is that he knows that VW and Skoda are father and son.

@Nikvint:

The date of delivery is not fixed,the matter is that the car has arrived here in Meerut 4 days back and sales guys are daily calling to know about the delivery date.Don't know if anything is paid to the Toyota dealership,since the car will be bought in cash(like we always do)so there are chances that 50-75% payment have been done,else my father would have heard me.

Well,now there is a news,don't know good or bad,but it is a news:

Yesterday talked to father on phone for more than an hour and as a result he is now ready to wait till 19th and have a look at new Jetta.Hoping VW prices it correctly.If Jetta is failed/not launched too due to any reason then I won't speak and simply accept the Corolla.

IN OTHER WORDS,I HAVE PLAYED A GAME OF DO-OR-DIE.TSiVipul2011-08-07 11:37:47

Well,the car has been bought today.No use of teaching the father,he simply went there and just 5 minutes before told me that he will be coming within next two hours.

Will be starting a new initial impressions thread soon...

@Mods:Get this thread closed.

@Durango dude:

Okay sir,will be asking mods to get the job done once I get the pics in my hand.

Right now I can't see the car because Doctors love to see me resting on a dirty and uncomfy bed.So no first drives right now..