paraghardikar

Yamaha RD350

The best bike every to be launched in India, a legend across the world. Take my sincere advice here as a long time RD-350B user. You won't find one in good piece, spares are non existent and quality of workmanship is shoddy to say the least.

I had the 39.5bhp model and my heart would always be for that only, it was way freer revving than the LET. However, even the LET is no slouch as it would give the current bikes on the market a good run for the money.

350 well i know of places where you can pick one up from but in Chandigarh...still lots of them running around in good shape but expensive to run and keep.. and the worst of all to find a good mech ..

The RD350LC was a scorcher, it put out 45bhp and was water cooled, the radiator was composite plastic and aluminum and the power to weight ration was improved greatly and it was among the best giant killers out there.

Hi,

I came across one RD350 in Pune at a garage. Its a Pune passing bike with all the clear papers. Its of 1984 model. But the bike has to be restored on 60% to 70%. Its for sale around 80k for fully restored one (with all spare-parts n chrome-plating etc.). The mechanic said the restoration  time is almost 2 months.

Is it worth buyingsmiley5.gif

I'm also a RD350 fan - still have the publicity brochure preserved intact with its tech specs. Please also watch the Subhash Ghai film HERO (1984) starring Jackie Shroff and Meenakshi Seshadri wherein one can see beautiful, brand new examples of this wonderful bike- the greatest India ever had!

Hi,

The engine & chassis is intact but pistons have to be replaced. No accident history. Front forks, clutch, fuel-tank, seat, all electrical wiring, all lights n indicators, end-cans, painting n chrome plating has to be restored. Considering this work is 80k worth paying ??smiley24.gif

Thanx for your other valuable info.smiley1.gif

Hi' date='The engine & chassis is intact but pistons have to be replaced. No accident history. Front forks, clutch, fuel-tank, seat, all electrical wiring, all lights n indicators, end-cans, painting n chrome plating has to be restored. Considering this work is 80k worth paying ??smiley24.gif Thanx for your other valuable info.smiley1.gif

[/quote']

Dont buy it. Good set of original Yamaha Japanese or Wiseco Forged pistons will cost you upwards of Rs.30K, engine boring job is iffy here specially for 2 strokes which need cam grounding and honing. Make an offer for no more than Rs. 40K if you are hell bent on getting into this project.

hi there the money that guy is asking is to much for the bike in this condition you get a bike in punjab or chandigarh for about 20k.if he is asking for 80k for full restoration is he going to give u all parts genuine.i am afraid he will not.dont buy it look for something else or give him only 20k.

The only reason I can think of the high price is being that its a 84 model, there might be a rare chance that its the original Stock 39.5bhp engine and in that case he is somewhat justified but still IMHO, the asking price is high. I live in Punjab and can tell you that the RD350s I have seen so far are nothing much to write about, most have severe chassis damage from accidents, total JUGARU job done on them and not worth the price.