AMG1

2011 Swift (Indian-spec) Review

@AMG:

Has the newer LDi/LXi variant too got at least fron power windows and the rear seats with headrests,which were missing on the older one?

HOW MUCH DIFFERENCE IS THERE BETWEEN THE DRIVEABILITY?

Braking & build quality are the only weak areas in the previous Swift.

As per various TD reports build, fit-n-finish is better now.

Lets watch for the Braking. IMHO, the culprit for the weak braking of previous Swift were Skinny 165 tyres & over-optimistic engine but Now MSIL have altered these aspects also.

So I'm expecting Better Braking in New Swift D, atleast in ZDi variant.

BTW, I'm posting here here the Specifications & Comparative feature list of New Swift.

5a0RNl.jpg

DEl9Jl.jpg

(Gaadi.com via IAB)dr_nishu2011-08-08 14:28:11

@MODS

Similar topic thread exists @http://archive.autocarindia.com/autocar_forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8251.Please merge these threads.

This is the Indian spec car. The earlier review was done with a UK spec Swift that featured start/stop button etc.

Finally came across the Highlights for New Swift's braking;

As per Carwale,

The brakes on the Swift are again one of the best in its class. In fact, one needs to be gentle with the brakes because just a dab on the pedal can scrub speed quite rapidly. The Swift uses a more compact ABS unit with electronic brake distribution that does its job well on the standard front disc, rear drum brake combination.

The diesel still is not churning out torque as much as FIAT.
Thats sad.

Even then its much more evident than in FIAT cars, thanks to the lighter bodyshell & kerb weight of Maruti Suzuki cars.

Infact MS got the need to control the Sudden surge of this 1.3 DDiS engine in Ritz D & New Swift D for Safety reasons.

Hats off to the MSIL engineers, who've also made this MjD making engineers feel proud.

Swift reached dealership stockyards

Better if they don't put these sticker on demo cars' date=' its spoiling whole look. 

[/quote']

Just to save it from the deeds going to be performed by its Menace Test Drives. LOL.. smiley36.gif

You're the Fuel..

But why ZDI ABS . Doesn't it has airbags? 

There's nothing like this.

Its just the style of Maruti Suzuki for highlighting its feature or to warn the following drivers for the competency of the brakes of the MS going ahead. smiley2.gif

BTW, I'm also planning to go for Swift ZDi.

BTW' date=' I'm also planning to go for Swift ZDi.
[/quote'] My best wishes dr. nishu. Do book your car immediately if you have made your mind. Because increasing bookings may make you wait for 4-5 months.

New Swift launch scheduled at 11am today.
Keep your fingers crossed till then.
The lauch is scheduled to happen at 12 pm.

The Swift ZDi with the 1.3 liter 75 bhp diesel engine has been priced at Rs 6.38 Lakhs, Ex-Showroom Delhi making it one of the priciest hatchback in its class. This makes it costlier than the Nissan Micra which has more features or the i20 Magna Diesel which has a more powerful engine, bigger boot space and better interiors.

ashikawa2011-08-17 06:32:57

Maruti Swift official images

Swift official images">Swift official images                   

Webcast yet to start. One can see empty chairs there. Looks like our tradition of being late everywhere is being followed here also.

Now Sania Mirza took over the podium.

Watch live Webcast

ashikawa2011-08-17 06:51:44