messengerb4u

Embera CRDI v/s Benz C 200 CDI

Hi Friends,

I need ur help plz.........
Is it beeter to go for Sonata embera crdi(6months old,15000 kms,Price 13,00,000L) or 2001 Benz C 200CDI for 14,00,000(45000kms,well maintained car)..........Anybody can help me regarding this.........

Note From Admin: Use of SMS language is prohibited on the forum.
FuelRunGod2008-01-01 12:53:17

dude looks very expensive .....a 6 yr old C for 14lac...rather go in for a new car and if diesel is what u looking at then the Optra MAgnum is a better choice.....you are the owner and you also get a new car...but if you inclined between the two go for the sonata cause its a new car /6months old(not 6 yrs)and you would enjoy the warrenty for the remaining period...

go 4 d sonata buddy......... spares r reasonably priced.

d merc is tooo hard on d pocket....

Note From Admin: Use of SMS language is not allowed on the forum.
FuelRunGod2008-01-01 12:50:52

the Merc is the best suited and what are you waiting for ?? anyone who gets a merc C class for just 50 k more than the Sonata would go whtso ever

so you should go for the Merc

Regards,

Priya

yup,but as FRG rightly said, do consider whether you will be able to afford the merc's huge servicing bills ans cost of spares.

for instance, the side mirror of an embera costs 6000/- and that of the c class costs 1 lakh...!!! the front bumper of embera is approx 7000/- and that of the merc is 50,000 bugs..!!

the embera is more spacious than the c class but the merc still has a better cabin. and of course, the merc has a high status and street presence, but be ready to pay for it...!!!

14 lacs for a 7 yr old car is too much. Now that the new C class shape is out, you should be able to get an old one for around 10 lacs. At that price it makes a lot of sense over any other car. Contrary to popular belief, mercs are not so expensive to maintain. 1 service a year for around rs.10,000/- is all it costs. However, expenses can really mount if u bump it anywhere.

Personally, i dont like the sonata. I dont think it makes sense to pay so much for a korean hyundai!