New Honda Jazz details

I have managed to source a sizeable information on the New Honda Jazz

hondajaz1_3.jpg

hondajaz2_0.jpg

a. Dual tone Beige and Black interiors

b. New Colour- Urban Titanium

c. Height adjustable driver seats

d. Changes to bumpers, lights, slight changes in interiors

e. 2 variants,(well loaded) there maybe a third ala EMT depending on response to Brio

f. Retractable Mirrors(Only higher variant)

g. USB in all models

g. There is a high chance that the base version will be Select, and will come with Alloys

Now the most important parts

August 18 launch

Expected price: (Almost sure) 5.99 lakhs starting to 6.6 lakhs.

The dealer said that it will be 20k costlier on road than discounted version, which went onroad for 6.2 lakhs, so a 6.4-6.5 lakhs on road is a realistic figure. All prices in Gurgaon

A market rocking car is set to be launched!

@Mods: couldn't find an already started thread on the new Jazz. Please merge with an existing thread if required.

I hope Honda offers a 1.5 too,if yes then my City is going to see the pain of partition.

the car shown above looks great and if the price will be the above mentioned then the best hatchback in india will be now better than the best.

why to merge this thread,this beauty deserves a separate thread for itself.

Fabia is a prime example. It is clocking decent sales of 1500 units a month. When Skoda and its tarnished reputation can achieve this, with not so great engine, why cant Honda.

For reference, Hyundai i20 1.2 Asta costs 6.3 lakhs onroad Delhi. Feature comparison with base shows Jazz base will be missing bluetooth, ACC and mirror retract features only. Not too huge a price difference. If we compare with Polo, the comparison gets even better.

Most of the Fabia, i20, etc. sales are coming from diesel variants. Honda reduced the prices to counter-balance this huge shortcoming.

Any price elevation on pretext of minor cosmetic changes will certainly not help the cause.

@Bornfree:

Won't agree with you at any cost,its okay that Fabia is getting sales because of diesel,but does that mean that Jazz has a petrol disadvantage?

In my views,if the Jazz comes out with the price tag which is mentioned above,then it can make wonders.

HAVE A LOOK AT ETIOS AND LIVA,they have no diesel but still they are rivaling even the bestsellers.And remember,Honda is having an image as good as Toyota in the mind of people and the car being talked about here is simply the best thing out there in the market.

It was always a good car and this reduction in the price will definitely give it a boost.

I think I saw the exact same version of the car as shown in the picture above in Hong Kong, last year in march. To be honest, my first thought was that it was a previous model. Does not look any better than the existing Indian version IMHO.

@Vipul, its not mandatory for everyone to agree, all are free to have their own opinions!

W.r.t. petrol disadvantage, almost every car on sale in Indian market is at an disadvantage if it doesn't have a diesel variant. Refer to monthly sales figures for more info.

FYI Toyota will be launching a diesel variant of Etios either this or next month.

Honda should atleast bring micro Hybrid version of their cars in near future. Since Indian diesel car owners are incrasing in rapid pace and govt do not have any immediate plan to decontrol the diesel price, Honda should use some marketing intelligence to boost their sales by developing Diesel engine or introducing hybrid cars rather than decreasing product price.

As we discussed earlier it is very sad to see the sales figure of Jazz.And i do not think Jazz can achieve the 3000 mark monthly basis even if they introduce new jazz with 6L price tag.

@Bornfree:

Being out of diesel is absolutely a disadvantage for any manufacturer,but what my true point was,it seems that you haven't caught it.Okay,let me tell you.I simply meant to say that "Good cars do sell and make good numbers if they are priced correctly,weather they are in petrol or diesel.What you need to do is to just attack the true targeted segment".

About Etios diesel,I am waiting for the launch and to see what Toyota offers this time.

@Sanjithchandran:

Totally agree with you,if a Jazz micro hybrid comes to the market and is priced correctly then it can really make some wonders.

The new Jazz is not to my taste as the current one looks much better proportioned IMHO . The rear light as shown in the picture looks great and was already availble on Jazz in EU and japanese market.

I expect a more mature pricing from Honda and atleast a sport varient featuring the 1.5lt engine from city for 8 lakhs on road Mumbai . Also JAZZ should get some jazzy bright colours as options and more features.

I expect a more mature pricing from Honda and atleast a sport variant featuring the 1.5lt engine from city for 8 lakhs on road Mumbai . Also JAZZ should get some jazzy bright colours as options and more features.

smiley14.gif

@Rssh:

You have stolen my words,this car is really needed to compete with Polo/Fabia 1.6 so as to delight the performance freaks like us in the market.

I agree with rahul, if Honda does manage to keep it around the discounted price, The Jazz "should " knock the sails out of the competition.

I myself bought the  Jazz select at 6.46 lakh on road a month ago ,  and I am sure people are now really realizing its value as the ultimate petrol hatch in the country..( I am in love with her, and I didn't find the Polo 1.6 as good as her.)

Its the  most spacious hatch in its segment , and also has the most premium interiors , and to me its a lot more "VFM " if I compare it to other hatches .

In my research , almost everyone I asked , had given me an idea about every car in the  market today.

Some had GC issues,some this , some that.

The Jazz had only one issue....The price...and now Honda has fixed that too , along with added features I think it has to be the complete package if one is looking for a premium hatch today.

• New Jazz to remain the same with Jazz, jazz select and jazz X variants.
  • all models get new front and rear bumper, silver and matt coloured headlights, and amber interior colour illuminaton.
  • Base and select get beige seat fabric and roof lining; X will continue with black and blue interiors.
  • Front grille: Black (base), chrome (select) and sporty body coloured (X)
  • Rear garnish: black (base and X), chrome (select)
  • USB port now standard on base and select.
  • Jazz X gains power foldable OSRVM.
  • Jazz select and X gain reclining rear seat.
  • Rest features same as earlier.
  • Colours: Black, white, silver, rallye red and urban titanium metallic.

Looks like Honda has tried to improve upon the looks of the car, bonnet creases are very prominent, bumper is sportier. Has the bonnet been elongated a bit? I think so because this is what happened from City 2nd gen. to 3rd.