rahul1810

New Honda Jazz details

From this angle(rear), Im reminded of Chevy UVA & Maruti Estilo. Overall the design is a slight improvement.

The recent price decrease has brought the Jazz right back into the reckoning. Hope Honda doesn't spoil the party with an increase now..!

In all probability it is starting at 6 lakhs ex showroom Delhi, cos this is what I have heard as guesses from multiple dealers. My brother in law is in market for a premium hatch, so keeping up with Jazz story.

If Honda pegs the Jazz at 5.99 lakhs ex showroom, on road prices for the same would be expected <6.5 lakhs delhi., so perhaps the select will come around to 6.7- 6.8 lakhs and the Jazz X would top out at around 7 lakhs and above. The max pricing on road , could be 6.7/6.9/7.2 lakhs for the 3 versions, anything above this will again be reminiscent of the old Jazz pricing , and that would make no sense again .

As far as the looks go,  The new Jazz seems to be all muscled up , and going by the pic of the silver Jazz X, the  new prominent bonnet ridge and side ridges on doors, The Jazz X looks much more sportier than the cute old version of the same variant.Old Jazz- Cute ,Rounded, well fed look. New jazz- Leaner, Longer, Muscled.look.

And if indeed the price predictions are true, then with class leading cabin space, interiors and engine , It seems to the ultimate premium petrol hatch, but the established image of Swift will still make it the best seller, despite the Jazz now offering the best VFM as well as premium value.

I hope Honda includes ACC and Height adjust in Select, two features I sorely miss in my Jazz .

After the stock clearing "sale" of the old jazz, interest is pretty high amongst customers. Lets see if Honda can strike gold , with perhaps its most value offering product overall..

One thing is certain, diesel Swifts and i20's will be untouched, lets see if The Jazz can do a City amongst the petrol hatches in its 2nd avatar.

The rear hasn't changed much, except for the ridge to break the monotony of the swathe of plastic of the rear bumper. They could have taken this opportunity to change the look of the tail lamp cluster: could have made it a little 'Jazzy'. Chrome around the nameplate looks tacky and 'Korean', should have been body colored, ideally. Alloys give a sense of size as before.

Ace Honda, Noida claims prices of 6.3 lakhs on road, to be confirmed(5-10k plus or minus) in Noida. This is exactly same as i20 1.2 Asta!

They say official prices will be unveiled around 3 pm. They have the car on display

Ace Honda' date=' Noida claims prices of 6.3 lakhs on road, to be confirmed(5-10k plus or minus) in Noida. This is exactly same as i20 1.2 Asta!

[/quote']

6.30 on road ? are you sure its not ex-showroom ? If its true Honda has awakened well except for sleeping over CRV.
sarabjeet2011-08-18 07:18:18

?

6.30 on road ? are you sure its not ex-showroom ? If its true Honda has awakened well except for sleeping over CRV.

I also had to ask twice. At first she was just saying the price is very attractive and competitive, on pressing on she said it would be around 6.3 lakhs on-road +/- 5-10k. I expect sales upwards of 2k if this is true.

I think those going in for a petrol hatch can rejoice. But according to Maruti (yesterday's Swift launch webcast) the demand for Swift diesel:petrol is 80:20 in favour of diesel, that's a mighty skewed market in favour of diesel. Will this affect the fortunes of Jazz? Remains to be seen.

hormazdsorabjee on twitter

Face lifted Jazz launched. Jazz S Rs 5.50 lakh; Jazz Select-Rs 5.75lakh; Jazz X Rs-6.06 lakh. Ex showroom delhi. Fantastic value now!

Honda has let the cat out amongst the pigeons. Now, we will see City like domination in the premium hatch segment. Jazz has in itself, top notch quality, great service, great FE, great space, immense practicality and what not. The only thing someone might crib about is ACC and bluetooth. Other cars, leave i20, I think even Swift will be shocked!

Say Goodbye to Polo. It now has nothing to compete with Jazz. There is only a wee bit difference, but same features set, a much more reputed service.

More than 4000 units a month and I won't be surprised!rahul18102011-08-18 08:00:02

@rahul i wouldn't say good bye to Polo. Though Jazz will pull in petrol buyers but MSIl has clear showed use the 80:20 tilt towards diesel.

But still for all the petrolheads out there Jazz will attract buyers looking at Swift P, Ritz P, Micra P,i20 P and Polo P.

Great pricing. The only hurdle will be orientation of people towards diesel due to increase in petrol price. I think this pricing is decided keeping in view of the rising trends against petrol vehicles. Anyways these prices will definately translate into numbers compared to the past sells figures.

As far as polo is concerned, it was/will be the only competitor to Jazz in addition to fabia, which was a no go for so many only due to messed up aftersale. All those who fear to buy polo due to the understanding that it will be expensive on upkeep will transfer to Jazz(i.e. only petrol buyers). Jazz will not get the benefit of having diesel. I also see some some City buyers going for Jazz due to increasing traffic and lack of parking space.

And yes I20 will be the biggest sufferer of this pricing. Anybody willing to buy an i20 has now got a natural choice of shifting to Jazz.
ashikawa2011-08-18 11:12:51

The only other premium hatch which relies predominately on petrol is i20 and it is going to get hit badly.Every other car at least 60% sales comes from diesel version but i20 is 85% petrol . Crazy Doc2011-08-18 11:10:40

I wonder what would be the pricing for their upcoming Honda Brio now, since the all new Jazz starts from 5.5 lacs (ex-showroom).

The customer is the only one to benefit from this price war that is about to begin.

Cheers   smiley32.gif

Honda has priced the new Jazz very competitively and it will become a volume player in the petrol hatchback segment . The pricing is identical with the Hyundai i20 which will suffer with its sales . 

The swift better watch out as now Honda has a volume player . Maruti its your time with 50% market share is in doubt when the brio also launches at the auto Expo.