diablo37989

05 mercedes C180 second hand

guys I'm being offered a 2005 mercedes C class 180 in elegance trim for INR 10 lacs. done 20k kms, in great shape (apparently - haven't checked it in detail). has a service record, no accidents or any major issues.

worth buying? esp with the new C class launching this month? will that affect my re-sale?

comments / suggestions welcome

hmm thnks guys

gurkha I agree with you tht it is underpowered. by FI I am assuming you mean fuel injection? am thinking of buying this as a donor car and then fitting on a few mods - does anyone think this to be a decent platform car? or not? incidentally, seller is now asking for 9.5 negotiable.

hmm thnks guys

gurkha I agree with you tht it is underpowered. by FI I am assuming you mean fuel injection? am thinking of buying this as a donor car and then fitting on a few mods - does anyone think this to be a decent platform car? or not? incidentally' date=' seller is now asking for 9.5 negotiable.
[/quote']

diablo,

It won't be worth the hassle.

thnks v much all

gurkha your suggestion re the Accord was my second choice. wd the 2.4 b a better choice than the V6 3 litre? (acceleration figures to 100kph are better for the manual 2.4) am not sure if an automatic is really an enthusiast's car? tho having said that, the V6 is lovely and has traction control...

or how about the Skoda Superb V6 TDi (did I hear a shriek)?

LOL.........Skoda at your peril, that engine has severe reliability issues. Stick to the V6, the 4 cylinder Accord is excellent but if you like long drives, the V6 gives you more fun than a C or E class MB.

Only mods I would tell you to do is from HRC, leave Honda engines alone otherwise, the FI is just too touchy. The engine has enough power, you will never find it lacking. I would suggest you concentrate on getting heavier anti roll bars, progressive coils and of course alloys with nice fat Yokohama AVS. Change the tranny fluid to Mobil 1 as soon as possible.

Take a look at autophysice in ACI they have projector lamps high speed clutches .Do get under body lighting the alloy of V6 look too good one Civic guy exchanged his with V6 owner.

thnks everyone, esp Gurkha and rssh for your suggestions. big help. thanks all. rssh - yes, have had a look at autopsyche but they're in delhi and I live in bbay. also I like sleeper cars ie they look ordinary but go like the devil ;)

Ha ha so do I, my normal looking Accord V6 could dust almost all Euro hypes including some Porsches, most MB and BMW and of course, any Jaguar. Have red faced many dudes in US when they would get dusted by a ordinary Accord coupe. No one realized it had a 286bhp engine under the hood. The only thing I hate with high power FWD cars is handling and horrible torque steer even with limited slip diff.