khatbhej

HM to launch all-new Ambassador

Source: http://www.dwsauto.com/more-details-emerge-on-all-new-ambassador/ (DWS Auto)

Hindustan Motors (HM) is planning to launch an all-new Ambassador this year with a lot of contemporary features. According to an Economic Times article, HM has been working on revamping the model since December 2010.

The new Ambassador will shed the sloping bonnet and instead have an aerodynamically chiseled out hood. The boot will also feature integrated tail lamps and the car will also sport alloy wheels. In fact, speculations suggest that the new Ambassador will look a lot like the Maruti Swift, including the swept back headlamps design.

For the first time, the Ambassador will have an integrated music system, and new leather seating with wood grain interiors. Despite the modern touches, HM assures that the Ambassador will continue to be a car known for its dependability, spaciousness and comfort.

hindustan-motors-new-ambassador-photo.jp

Confirming the news about the Amby makeover, HM Managing Director Manoj Jha told Economic Times,

@Khatbhej:

Guy,simply mind blowing.

Well,dunno why this things seems to be a mirage considering it can come out of HM,but as we say "Better late then never".

What I have observed in the above shown image is 'The ICONIC Amby has not lost its true design language and is still carrying it with pride'.But the musculine and sleekness altogether,which seems to be an impossible combo is present in the car.Its looking musculine from front and those wide shoulders but at the same time its sleek and sophisticated..

I CAN CONSIDER THIS THING FOR EVEN 9-10 LACS,LET'S SEE WHAT'S UNDER THE HOOD(hoping its no V12 like Ambierod).

Considering the type of messy things they've done with Amby in the form of VEER, i don't expect any ground breaking design or alterations in the so-called Next-Gen Amby.

Better option for HM is to give the design contract of Refreshing Amby to its partner-Mitsubishi.

These speculations were in the air for sometimes now, but I doubt HM will make any path braking design move. Also, looking at the price band of the existing Amby Grand (6.5 Lac INR on road Delhi) I do not think HM would be able to make it a "VFM" proposition while also adding some of the advanced features and Safety. Sstar2011-11-26 13:45:27