sarabjeet

Etios & Liva diesel, now launched

I think its a new PR technique to say to the customer that when have so and so months waiting stating that they are successful and giving them an upper hand in bargaining and suddenly after a month they will say sir your car has arrived fast .

I won't touch the ETIOS family of cars because its a disgrace to India . Toyota market it as Made in India for India and the overall quality is at Tata level and below in finish and feel . My experience in Etios TD was pathetic ,my earlier maruti Zen had much better NVH.

One of my friend has booked Etios in April and was committed after Diwali. Now he got call from the dealer since last month and the dealer is ready to give free accessories worth Rs. 10k. As per my information Etios/Liva petrol are available off the shelf without any waiting. There is no point in going for Diesel version due to it's poor NVH level, unless they have improved it for diesel. All the best.

Yesterday I heard news that Toyota is going to increase the production capacity of Etios and Liva.

NVH of the Etios / Liva is discussed a lot in various posts but VW also has the engine noise inside cabin but is overshadowed by it's performance.

I feel Toyota's USP is it's reliability and vehicles are long termer with good A.S.S. and dealer network.

Even 10 years old Corrola, Qualis or Innova drives like new one and that is Toyota's strength that no one can challenge it , Liva and Etios will have same reliability so that people can own and drive for years inspite of not having a complete Toyota experience. 

Atleast people who are opting for Maruti / Tata Cars under budget of 6.5L now have access to a product from Toyota in both diesel and petrol options.

Test drove the Liva Diesel today extensively. The car doesn't invite any serious reactions but for roomy cabin & absence of Tachometer, Fuel efficiency meter.

Difficult fo rme to imagine driving around a narrow band diesel hatxh without a tacho. What on Earth was Toyota thinking, so much for cost-cutting! Wonder how much damage could it cause to the engine in real world driving conditions.