Sign in to follow this  
terrafield

ICE for Swift

Hi

I'm planning for ICE for swift. My budget is 60 to 75k

I need audiophile quality from my setup. I prefer smooth/soft tone which is suitable for Jazz genre.

I have FLACs both 16 bit and 24 bit and I would like to know if there is any head unit which can play FLAC from USB.

Could anyone in this forum please let me know which brands/products/models I can choose for my kind of setup?

I need the fallowing

Headunit

Amplifier

Component Speakers for front

Coaxial Speakers for back. Now here I have a doubt. I have 2 options in mind

option1: Coaxial speakers at the back and without any subwoofer

option2: component speakers at  the back and a seperate subwoofer

Can you tell me which will be better?

Thanks

Terrafield

Could anyone in this forum please let me know which brands/products/models I can choose for my kind of setup?I need the fallowingHeadunitAmplifierComponent Speakers for frontCoaxial Speakers for back. Now here I have a doubt. I have 2 options in mindoption1: Coaxial speakers at the back and without any subwooferoption2: component speakers at? the back and a seperate subwooferCan you tell me which will be better?

Prefer component speaker at the back and a separate woofer!

Go for JVC amp, then pioneer speakers/ and pioneer headunit. Excuse me if it is not enough to clear your doubt, try to ask your query clearly once again if possible.

(FLAC format is not widely popular and you have to ask at the provider while purchasing the headunit whether it is compatible to play or not)Aerospeedcars2011-08-19 09:26:27

With this budget, my choice would be

A nice HU probable with 7" Display ( Probably Pio/ Kenny )

Front components( JBL/ Rockford/ Audision) driven by 2 Channels of a 4C Amp( Kenny/ Jbl/ Blau)

Co-AX at rear driven by HU

Sub in a enclosure driven by remaining 2 Channel

Damping

So you plan to do away with the cute roundsy dialsy head unit of the jazz?

for head units- JVC/SONY -7 inch , touch screen if you like,

preferably - one amp for the front speakers, one for the rears, the jazz has great stock speakers, still stock ones for rear. choice is entirely yours, do not go for pioneers, had a bad experience, go for either sony/jbl

BASS TUBE /WOOFER to be kept in the boot, - this is only if you like your car to go ZOOOOM when a cool high bass note comes .AWESOME PUNCH anyways.

jbl co axials,

still, I would ask you to once hear the stock audio set of the jazz, it has served many audiophiles, including myself , well enough.

I myself had drawn this audio plan for my jazz baby, its stock has impressed me completely.

@MclarenMaruti

Read the first sentence of terrafield.  He is asking a suitable set up for his Swift. 

And, he is talking of the music genre Jazz and not about Honda Jazz. 

Since I am not an audiophine, and am happy with whatever Xylo came with, I am not adding anything specific regarding his specific requirement.

Thank you rameshbabu, I am so much in love with my new Jazz , that all I see is Jazz these days, !!! My bad for not reading properly, that too the second line smiley9.gif!!!!

Actually the set up I had planned, was chalked out majorly by friend who has a similar monster set up in his ritz , and his car literally ROCKS LIKE A BOOMBOX every time he plays a hip hop or a punjabi track , thats why I was eager to tell it, has fabulously crisp sound quality overall.

I think for the jazz genre, the focus should be totally on clarity and overall effect,rather than a bass centric set up, there is relatively lesser focus on bass usually in those songs, maybe a woofer / bass tube would come into use very less.

Go for terrific amps( sony/jbl/blau are "heard" and ""found" to be the ultimate by audiophiles I know, followed up equally co axials from jbl or scoch, can't remember the name of latter , my friend has them , will tell you later on asking him , the exact set up he has, and in case he recommends anything particular for the jazz genre.

thank you for correcting my " stupidest and craziest derivative of my obsession with the Jazz"

For Jazz music, a woofer is not must but keeping a small one will help improve overall effects or create a theatre effect. With such high budgets I suggest you go for speakers from Focal, Rainbow or Infinity series. 6-1/2'' components should go easily in doors. For rear setup I would suggest a fibreglass or wooden box setup to house speakers and woofer. Also proper damping material needs to be installed (Dynamat Xtreme). Try to get Audio System Radion 100.4 amplifier. Should be around 21.6k with B/W for the amplifier.

sb-alto2011-08-20 16:13:52

component speakers at the back will be much better, the quality of sound is a highlight of these ones, go for the current latest jbl series, since you have a terrific budget, like bala said, go for a dual channel amp at front, and 4 channel at the back for the component speakers and bass tube. I reckon, the bass tube/subwoofer enhances sound quality ,even though you can keep the bass settings to your liking.

headunit- JVC , the best range in my view,go for a 7 inch  or so , one that includes a rear parking cam if you want/ dvd player to complete the effect/sat nav.

for amps-jbl/sony/blau( no pioneers )

coaxial cables-scosche ! thats the name......

speakers-jbl!!!!!!!!!!!! they are the best.......

go on buddy, spend some green on your audio box, I am sure this set up would be simply "drooool " once you play it.