sarabjeet

Frustated Etios owners ??

If what is given in the photo is true (apparently, it looks true) and correct, then it is really stupid on the part of Toyota to go to such an extent in the area of cost cutting.  Even entry level and basic models have this rubber gaskets on the inside of all the doors.  How come they have ignored this basic requirement of ensuring a proper sealing of all the doors. 

It's really stupid. 

Nice one dear sarabjeet.

Thank God  I have seen this. 

Now, I can caution prospective buyers.
rameshbabu.n2011-08-19 23:28:19

There's an user 'myetios Munish' who was very much 'disappointed with the Etios'. I think he has started the forum. He also has posted the video's on You Tube. He has a valid reason for going to town with his grievances: Harsh NVH and extreme cost cutting. Buyer's should be forewarned and asked to go to this site before buying the Etios.

http://archive.autocarindia.com/autocar_forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8032&KW=Durango Dude2011-08-20 01:18:17

Yesterday on another forum there was a photo of an advertisement which came on a tamil newspaper siting similar issues.
This was waiting to happen,people who went for the badge are suffering now and that's a good thing.
Hyundai is also facing similar problems from the customers due to very low fuel efficiency and sales have plummeted.

BornFree2011-08-20 05:33:33

What next Toyota ?

By the time they bring one more `ultra low cost car', may be the Indian customer would be made to buy :

a.  two wipers - or drive only when it is not raining.

b.  two headlight bulbs - or drive only when it is not dark.

(Toyota, being quality conscious, will, however, provide headlight housings)

c.  four tyres - they may market this exclusive feature - as `custom built tyres'

so that each customer can pick and choose exactly what they want and

what they could afford.

d.  rear view mirror - any way what's the use of a rvm in India ?

e.  two side view mirrors - who in India uses them anyway ?

f.   tool kit - why should the customers need it ?  Only Toyota will have these.

g.   to ........

Toyota must be busy with the above starters.

Hi

Personally, I have test driven Etios recently when it was raining and did noticed that single wiper works really well.

Does anyone have experienced any issues as to water leaking inside cabin while cleaning or that the cabin has leakage so insects / flees go in the car when parked in the garage?

I also would like to know what is the number of cars sold by TKM month wise - till date.

Do we have recent owners here in the forum who have bought Etios sedan within last 1-2 months? Would like speak to them and understand their comments/concerns

Thanks

SS800

Its a build to cost car. Buyers should not expect much from it. One can buy a premium hatch for this price. Something bigger and cheaper always doesn't translate into overall satisfaction.

Its a build to cost car. Buyers should not expect much from it. One can buy a premium hatch for this price. Something bigger and cheaper always doesn't translate into overall satisfaction.

Well Dzire and Manza are available at same price. Even Indigo is available with 1.4 Dicor engine. If they can make a car which does not leak why can't Toyota ??

@SS80

There were complain about high vibrations but people have voiced their complains over internet about poor quality and leakage.

@SS80

There were complain about high vibrations but people have voiced their complains over internet about poor quality and leakage.

Hi sarabjeet

Can you please provide the link for the leakage problem posted on internet?

would like to read that original one..

SS800

People seem to want Corolla quality at half price. Common gripes: no Spare Alloy wheel: BMW doesn't even have a spare; Only one reverse fog light: Even Ikon had the same; Idling noise: Subjective, FE: You can't expect a car to start delivering ARAI mileage when it's new: neither will you get ARAI mileage and it all boils down to the traffic conditions and roads where you drive. The genuine ones are the lack of rubber strips around the doors and water leakage into fuel tank. There is a fine line between being outright greedy and wanting real value for money. If you want a real VFM sedan for 6 L otr checkout the Accent.

Durango Dude2011-08-22 01:26:43

i agree with durango,I have also seen people at a toyota dealership when we were taking the delivery of a corolla saying "sir we bought an etios and as toyota does,it will have the quality nearly as good as at least innova and space is really nearly as good as corolla"!

In my view, The etios is any day a much more fun to drive car than any of its opponents and gives the best VFM amongst the entry level sedans.

The accent is a great option,appears much more premium than the etios, but is no match for the space,engine and the ride quality the etios offers. Add to that the etios is a really sprint friendly car, liked by enthusiasts of all ilk including even Topgun drivers like karun chandhok .

sounds like a Toyota pr guy???? hell no, but I really like this car with regards to what all it offers when compared to the entry level sedans.

With etios you are getting the roomiest cabin( vis a vis is the manza), great acceleration, chiller ac, suspension that is well suited for the typical indian roads, and the reliability of Toyota, it surely ticks more parameters than the dzire,manza,accent,fiesta etc.