3dsmaxed

Best petrol car for 9 lakhs.

Hi everyone.
this is my first post here and reagrds to all.

please can u experts suggest me about the new car i am buying. i really liked the verna fluidic SX and honda city. i drove them both and i think city's pickup is a little better than verna but verna is very smooth at 50 speed on 5th gear. after seing verna interiors the honda city interiors looked very plain. but honda was more spacious than verna.
Also i have been reading on the internet that citys performance is better than verna
Can u please suggest me what should i go in for? i have to majorly drive in the city (chandigarh) and occasionally once or twice in month on highway. max till delhi or himachal.

is there any car that will be better than these in that budget of 9 lacs that i have? i am confused. havent driven vento petrol  so please give feedback on that also.

i want to go for the best that will suit my purpose.

if i get quick feedback on this it will be really great as i have to buy it in 2 - 3 days

i forgot to mention model of honda city. i was looking for 1.5 S

Posts merged.

Thread moved.
BornFree2011-08-23 13:27:08

Verna petrol is quite dull when compared to Honda City. Also in terms of both power, efficiency, smoothness on the road, City is a shoulder above others.

Verna petrol is a nice looking, feature loaded car, but not a better car than City as far as petrol engines are concerned.

I suggest you go for City 1.5S. Have a look at Fiesta Petrol also. It maybe slightly costlier and less powerful, but it is the best drivers car.

If features are important and drivability is not, then go for the Verna.

Otherwise go for the current city which is available at a much cheaper price right now since the new one arrives in October sometime. Fiesta is a nice option too.

Thanks guys for the replies. I will be driving mostly in the city. The only thing that boggled me down with city was the too plain stereo, and console. Otherwise drive was comfortable. Which of tje 2 will have a better resale say in 4. Years?

I will see the fiesta tomorrow

In terms of resale, the more educated guess would be that the Honda will hold its value better.

Even though the ANHC is now around 3 years old, it is still a great car. The age may have started to show but to make up for it, Honda is offering a lucrative offer.

If you want you can wait for the new version but it would probably cost more.

3dsmaxed

To be frank most people neglect the king of petrol cars because of its less known brand value.

Test drive Honda City, Verna , Vento and then go for Mitsubishi Cedia. You will close your eyes and go for Cedia after the test drive.

The 2.0 engine is silky smooth and Rev happy. Handling and ride is the best inclass so are the equipments right from Momo steering wheel to Touch screen Sat-Nav. FE is also respectable at power with Verna.

Along with all this you get Japanese reliability. Do take a look at Cedia before making any decision. You will enjoy the ride. 

I would say the best all round car is the Honda city but others are just a whisker behind . I would test drive the Linea T-JET (I know its a FIAT but just do it ) ,it will blow you away with the awesome torque delivery that engine is capable of giving w/o compromising on the FE.

For a Petrol Sedan under 10-lacs price range, Undoubtedly Honda City is the best choice with its Super refined, Super-silent & highly fuel-efficient Petrol engine.

Its the best VFM car in the country available across its segment today.

thanks everyone for the wonderful suggestions. any of you have any idea what is the approximate launch date of new honda city ? and how expensive will it be from the current version. if it will be just 25 - 30 thousand more expensive and is for sure launching in october then i would like to wait for the new model to come as i have finalised the i am going for honda city only

Please suggest if i am thinking right.

regards

Hi,

I just bought a Honda City.. Got the delivery on Friday.. I did check with the dealer if there is going to be a face lift version coming out this year.. as per them the face lift will come around Dec 2011 -Jan 2012.. But they where not very sure.. My guess is Honda will have a face lift version soon based on the sort of discounts that they are giving on the current City.. I got around 62000 cash discount and also a some Accessories like Reverse sensors, art leather seats, 3M paint protector, 3M sun films from the dealer (Capital Honda)...

Hope this helps..