Angelous

Jazz2011 v. Swift 2011

>Hi folks, about a month ago or so, I asked for your opinion and advice for which car to buy. After a lot of consideration, I have narrowed down on Jazz'11 or Swift'11. However there are some issues which I have to pick for both of these cars which makes my decision a bit hard. Your esteemed opinion is appreciated as always.

Jazz'11 no doubt is the more luxurious of the two, has better interiors. However a friend told me not to go for it because Honda has plans to launch a new Jazz in 2012 (Q1 maybe?) which would make my purchase of Jazz'11 (which has very few changes I heard from earlier Jazz) outdated within a year. I plan to use the car for at least 4-5 years. Any information on this topic guys?

Swift'11 I have heard is technologically superior compared to Jazz with some cutting edge features. However Autocar recently had an article on Swift Sport which will be showcased in Japan next month, it has a strong 1.5 liter engine, its longer and offers better driving experience. Swift sport if ever launched in India would be my choice but unfortunately no information is available on that front. Swift Sport seems so

There is no Jazz 2012. Thats a false info. This Jazz model was unveiled in March 2011 and is here in 5 months. No changes are expected anytime in near future. In 2012 the only Honda activity expected is new Civic, new CRV and new Accord.

Swift sport is most likely never to be launched in India. There isnt a market for a powerful, less efficient hatch as Swift has sufficient power and great efficiency.

Of the two car Jazz wins hands down. Far better engineered, except for the fun part. It has some features missing available in ZXI like climate control etc. but nothing that you would miss. Quality is pristine in Jazz.

However the Fun to Drive factor is with Swift. Front seats are great in both and both meet your requirements best. You should take long TDs of both the car and then book.

@aidtyasharma113

When will the new members learn to write proper English ? 

Being a new member to the group, you should first read the terms and conditions that govern this forum.  And, the stipulations that you should adhere to. 

Read them first. 

By the way, not using SMS lingo is one of them. 

Please remember that you are not keying in to a mobile phone. 

@ Angelous: Difficult choice, indeed. If you don't make up your mind fast you will be in queue for a long time, I place my bet on the Jazz Select.

@adityasharma: Request you to avoid SMS Lingo henceforth, your post has been deleted.Durango Dude2011-08-23 16:03:08

Between the two the drivers car is definately the swift and it almost a lakhs cheaper than Jazz but the diesel swift is more peppier than it . The Jazz is good all rounder as a family car but I didn't like its bottom end grunt . Both the engines are excellent but I must admit that I found the K series more smoother than the I Vtec on the Jazz . My recommandation get is ZXi swift .