Krishna Bhargav

New hatchback buying help

Hey guys!

I am new to this wonderful forum, and I find it very informative.

I currently have an Alto LXi, a 2004 model, and finally got the thumbs up from dad to go for a new car.

So, we are looking for a premium hatchback. Some of the details :

Usage : Only on weekends, max 300-400kms a month!

Budget : 5-6 L

Driven by : Me (20 yrs old) most of the time, and would love a peppy car!

From the above details, I guess most people here would not recommend a diesel car.

With the all new Swift and Jazz releasing last week, i'm in a bit of a confusion. Budget is a primary concern. So, I would like the best features that can come within that price.

Note: I have gone through most of the threads in AAA section, and could not come to a conclusion.

Please help me out guys. Thanks in advance!

Swift, Jazz and Beat. Try out one of these. My choice would be the Jazz base or Select as it neatly fits into your budget and lifestyle. With the Jazz you get all the safety kit and a music system. Things missing are the alloys in the base and driver seat height adjust in the Select. Although, in B'Lore the car prices are sky high, check out the OTR prices from Honda. Ex-showroom prices for Jazz, B'Lore are 564,000 (base) and 589,000 (Select).

Durango Dude2011-08-24 01:51:02

@Krishna Bhargav, my friend I had been to the Honda Showroom yesterday & was most Impressed by Jazz, you may just ahead & book one for your self, its an amazing-amazing vehicle. Amazing Interiors, great space & looks to die for. The one I saw was in Red, trust you me with Honda badge you will never ever feel let down.

I will test drive both the cars once. As of now, I am inclined towards the Jazz.

But the main problem is the ridiculous prices in Bangalore for Jazz. While Swift ZXi is at 5.63L, Jazz Select is at 5.89L (ex showroom)

I really cannot afford to think of more than 6L.

@ krishna

I would go for Jazz. But you have another choice. go for Polo 1.6 (update is expected with interior add-ons) though its 30k above your budget but you get finance @ 6.99% which can be a stealer

Well thats Bangalore taxes for you. Here in Delhi Jazz base is 6.06 lakhs on road and Select is 6.3 lakhs on road.

Do note before its price with Sift, that Jazz base is nearly as loaded as Swift ZXI.

Go for Jazz if you can, otherwise wait for Brio coming out in a month. That will be smooth rocket!

@Krishna bhargva;

If you want the car with Peppy & Nimble character then look no further to the New Swift, although its not New as it sounds but its peppy enough to tackle on its rivals with its recent 86PS VVT Petrol engine.

Whereas Jazz is more of a Family-biased car, with pretty much flexible interiors & Mature-ish styling.

Rest choice is yours.

Thanks for the inputs guys!

Due to insane car prices in Bangalore, I cannot go ahead with the Swift ZXi or the Jazz. (Budget is only 6L)

However,

Dad wants to drive an automatic car badly. So we went ahead and had a look at the i10 Sportz AT.

I had a test drive, and seemed to like it.

We got OTR price of 6.24L, but with some "Freedom offer" and Exchange bonus, got a final quote of 5.75L.

Is this a good enough deal?

Hi I want to Buy a new car,

My Budget - around Rs 6  Lac,

Kms driven monthly - around 1000 - 1500  KM

Bodyshell - Hatch

City/Highway split - 1000 - 1300 in city

Max No.of Passangers - 5

Usage by -  will be driven by My husband ( new learner )

Ownership - City

Safety - High

Prime requirement - Ride/ Handling/FE/Braking/AfSS/Passenger Comfort

We have shortlisted 2 cars ... 1.Hyundai i10 asta 1.2 at kappa2  and 2. Honda Jazz Select.

Please suggest... you can suggest me any other car also which can be good for us..

@krishna :

I have checked the Honda Brio pics in the Honda website..i didnt liked the looks much still now.. so not really willing to go for it..moreover we will be buying it in this year Nov so have a bit time..but really confused.. could you please suggest as i have already updated my requirement...we are really new to Cars in every way you can guess...

Hi I want to Buy a new car' date='

My Budget - around Rs 6  Lac[/quote']

The answer is in your own hands. You want an auto 'box, go in for i10, if you can do with a manual, go in for Jazz.
BornFree2011-08-28 16:53:36

@WINNER:

I10 Asta is also manual.. I10 Asta AT is auto.. so both I10 Asta as well as JAZZ are manual...as this will be our 1st car..we are really delicately thinking about the one we will choose....JAZZ is by looks and performance far better that I10 but still I10 piches less in the pocket and u had to compromise a bit with the space as well as the looks.. so this is what which is creating the confusion.. smiley1.gif

Hi I want to Buy a new car' date='

My Budget - around?Rs 6??Lac,
We have shortlisted 2 cars ... 1.Hyundai i10 asta 1.2 at kappa2? and 2. Honda Jazz Select.

Please suggest... you can suggest me any other car also which can be good for us..
[/quote']

Go for Honda Jazz out of your listed ones.

..JAZZ is by looks and performance far better that I10 but still I10 piches less in the pocket and u had to compromise a bit with the space as well as the looks.. so this is what which is creating the confusion.. smiley1.gif

Then I'd even strictly advice you to go for Honda Jazz, considering the fact it boasts of better product Quality, Performance, fuel efficiency, Reliability & Overall feel-good factor.

So, at the end of many years of Ownership, it'll emerge as a even more lighter product on Pocket & even more lighter on Heart & Brains too. smiley1.gif

So, stay cool & buy Honda Jazz.

Else other option which comes close/you can consider is Maruti Suzuki Ritz.dr_nishu2011-08-28 18:14:55

My Budget - around Rs 6  Lac -

Kms driven monthly - around 1000 - 1500  KM - Definitely a Diesel

Bodyshell - Hatch - New Swift/ Liva/ New Vista

City/Highway split - 1000 - 1300 in city

Max No.of Passangers - 5

Usage by -  will be driven by My husband ( new learner )

Ownership - City

Safety - High

Prime requirement - Ride/ Handling/FE/Braking/AfSS/Passenger Comfort

If your max mileage/month < 1000kms, think no further than Jazz

but if its about 1500, go for Diesel

If you want to seat 5 passangers most of the time and you can live with poor interiors, buy a Liva D

If you want to seat 5 passangers most of the time and you can live with Tata's AfSS and niggles, buy a New Vista
If you want a feature rich and safe car with 4 passengers most of the time, buy Beat D top end.

For all other needs, buy a Swift VDI.
creativebala2011-08-28 18:21:00

Hi I want to Buy a new car' date=' My Budget - around Rs 6  Lac, [/quote']

Funny that you talk of an i10 manual, sice the requirements clearly mention an automatic.

Post Edited: While quoting, use only a small relevant part & not the entire post.
BornFree2011-08-29 04:38:31

I decided to wait for the release of Honda Brio. Heard from a Honda showroom manager that its going to be on Sep 27th.

That's a Good thing.

As car be previewed from the Road tests at following links;http://archive.autocarindia.com/autocar_forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8516&PN=2.

Indeed, It really seems to be a very promising car.

I just had a test drive of the Punto today (1.3 Diesel), and Oh My God! I was blown away by the performance!

So started to think, why not go for a diesel, given that we may start using the new car for longer drives.

Also, being a one time investment (we aren't looking to buy a new car after this anyways), I thought diesel wouldnt be a bad option.

So, what options do I have for diesel cars in the range of 6.5-7L in Bangalore. (Really would love to restrict budget to as low as possible)

Note: Today was my best car driving experience! Still cant get over the 10 minute drive in the Punto!