Joe_Thomas

Which Diesel Hatch to Buy??

I need help to make the right choice between a Fabia, Getz & Swift Diesel.

From the info I have, I see Fabia being beaten hands-down one the following counts: >sheer Power > Torque > Acceleration > Rear sitting space(3 comfortable?) & Ground clearance. While I am sure the "Build Quality" of a Skoda product would be in a different league .... that alone does not qualify for the Fabia for being the best bet & value for money? My heart says Fabia ..... my head says why not a Getz or a Swift diesel ........ Want some help to demystify this for me??

Getz if you need performance. For overall its Swift, not as fast but economical and better looking. Don't get fooled by the Skoda hype, build quality of a east Euro built VW is nothing great to talk about. Most VW and Skoda are considered poorly built by world standards.Gurkha2007-12-30 03:58:47

well if ur looking a hatch for 4 pasengers then swift is the one to go else go gor the getz...do wait till the auto expo...couple of launches on the anvil...also the possibility of the palio diesel....

On the face of it the Fabia looks great, only low on the power division, which I am suer good old Pete will take care of for about 30k. I do agree that better wait before plonking down your money.

since fabia is a new machine in the block,it would be prudent to wait for some time to see how they perform in indan conditions....do wait for owner feedbacks and then go on to purchase,since any problems that may arise would be in the first lot(hopefully not).