dr_nishu

Renault Koleos: now launched

Any idea about pricing ? I feel the price should be in between 12-14 L max.

Koleos from inside seems feature rich and capable with 2.0L diesel engine.  The exterior is also good but is not very impressive. 

"Speed Limiter" is very nice feature to keep tab on driver when on backseat.

Overall a good package.

I somehow feel that from exterior it looks more like modified Hyundai Tucson.

30L for a Renault Car ? ? ?

Renault is introducing high-end products to build an image and to establish gradually so they can make a stage to introduce products for mass market at later stage but quoting a price of Merc / BMW / Audi will not help since customer don't recognise Renault as a luxury brand.

Even within the price bracket of Captiva / Fortuner it will struggle due to Koleos's size and image and existence of already established players. 

If Renault price Koleos below Captiva than only it may suit to people to atleast have a look at it.

Considering price of Fluence and features offered in the Koleos's the price should be inbetween 18L-20L bracket.

I think the fair price will be 18 lakhs on road for this renault for the 4x4 varient . It needs to undercut the Skoda Yeti by atleast 50k per trim level to be competitive and establish itself a brand value . The understated look can actually help the Renault by not being as flashy nor being too outdated to look either . They might have a good model to play here in India only if it undercuts the Yeti which is a must.

Renault Koleos launched;

Moments ago Renault India launched the

much awaited Koleos crossover at the

Taj Palace Hotel in New Delhi. This also

turns out to be the international

premiere for the car which will be shown

to Europeans at the Frankfurt Motor

Show next week.

The single-variant Koleos is priced at

22.99 lakh rupees (ex-showroom Delhi). IAB.

Price Rs. 22.99 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi

Highlighs -

149 bhp and 320 Nm of torque

a 4X4 variant, this 6-speed automatic transmission

keyless entry & ignition

dual zone climate control

EBD, 6 Air bags

three free services up to 20,000 km

Seems like a good price to me.

At Rs.22.99 lacs it seems to be a worthy contender to Hyundai's Premium offering Santa-Fe & a serious alternative to Thirsty petrol Honda CR-V, Mitsubishi Outlander SUVs.

Introduction of this Stylish, Neatly packaged & Well put together SUV, will definitely prove to be effective move for Renault in India.

@23 lakhs for a 5 seater renault is a step too far . It will cost almost 26lakhs on road Mumbai . They can't seriously compete with the Santa Fe which is a successful model worldwide and a seven seater with much powerful engine .

Anyways this is more of a brand building exercise by Renault after the Logan fiasco.

Saw the car in flesh at the launch. Shaped rather oddly when viewed from the side profile but overall has a nice presence. The interiors are fully loaded with features and seemed to be of rather good quality.

I think it is slightly overpriced and I find it doubtful that Renault as a brand can carry such a big price.

Have seen Koleos very closely and impressed by it's detailing. Looks like Renault have taken extra efforts for detailing so that it look more upmarket taking into consideration the price.

From alloys wheel to chrome detailing to small small design elements which are thoughtfully used and they look impressive and this car standout from the crowd with it's big size and road presence.

Overall I found it's very impressive vehicle and the price quoted is worth spending.