ashikawa

XUV500 Launched

Awesome,the best looking car below 20L,Now there are rumors about about chances of an aggressive pricing like 11L for the base model. Hope it's true,the three year wait would have some meaning then.

It seems to have more lights in the cluster than a christmas tree.Lots of gizmos to play around with.

WIN AN XUV 500 FOR FREE

Guess the price and answer a few easy questions and you can get it for free.Contest is being held by Mahindra' date='visit XUV 500's website for more details.[/quote']

Did anyone guess the price yet?

You have to guess the price of the Top End variant, i.e., with 4X4 and all the ultimate bells & whistles M&M is embedding.

I did guess the top end model to cost 14,95,000.00 Ex Showrooom Delhi

@Taureen

You got it wrong,they are asking for the base version's ex showroom price.The base version will be very affordable but the top end all wheel drive version would be a lot more expensive than you predicted.

I never waited for any other car like this before but some how I'm not expecting a good show from here on.Mahindra's were very clever in building a big fan base for this car by their clever teasers through out these years.

Many a photos were posted by their PR guys on Team BHP which claims to show no partiality towards any companies and they don't accept advertisements from them.But that forum owned by a crook called GTO, is full of PR guys from different companies,Mahindra's have a lot of them in it.Tata and Skoda are having the least number of people in it .Their claims of impartiality can fool people for some time but not for ever.That forum is a good source of information due to the PR guys but the arrogant GTO and his loyal dogs won't last long.

Latest news from Steeroids.in - seems they have gotten a detailed preview!Launch is on 7.30pm in Pune

"Mahindra wants to showcase that they are capable of manufacturing a PREMIUM SEGMENT SUV. The 12.8 BILLION $ company has taken the initiative of an image revamp in the automotive sector and the further the customer centric organization is taking the pain to revamp its after sales service and customer satisfaction is the top most priority.

Hi guys. When I first saw XUV 500 in the live webcast, I was disappointed. I somewhat did not like its looks. Then when I saw the above daytime pics from Zigwheels, boy was I turned on by its looks. It looks hot in red. Just look how different it is from other SUVs in this segment. It looks amazing(yeah rear is okay and wild).

The interiors were even more better and definitely fully loaded and by the interior snaps, it looks to have decent(Santa FE comparable) quality materials,fit and finish.

To top it up you have the powerful mHawk engine with 140 PS pumping out of it. Also zigwheels mentioned it rides and handles well too. A great effort from M&M. Waiting for the pricing. What do you guys think of my post? smiley17.gif

I really liked it except for the small portion under the headlight.It will look great in black.It will be a steal if priced at 11.5 or below for the base version.

OT.Team bhp trying to rip off MnM for not inviting them in typical style through fake profiles.The people who are bashing MnM over there are new comers.those profiles are created either by the guy called GTO or some competitor companies. Crazy Doc2011-09-28 17:38:43

I wanna take back what I said earlier,the bumper is good too but the bright orange color is the only problem.This is one of the best looking suvs in the world when compared to Santa fe's ,fortuner pick up's,bread boxes like LCs and the ugly Porsches.

Personally, I am not very excited with the front view `five-double-oh'.  Comparatively, the rear view looks very impressive.  The side profile is equally good and attractive.  Why did they mess up with the front, I wonder.

The vertical mahindra-monogram-laden grill does not extend fully up to the bottom giving the impression that it is literally hanging from the top.  Similarly, the plastic moulded front bumper too has been messed up as it does not have a mono-body.  The black mesh above, below and all around is not that great to look at.  

Despite being a manhindra fan, somehow, I did not like this at the first sight.  May be, these bits-n-pieces-bumber and hanging-centre-monogram-shell  shall grow on me in due course. 

Any idea on the pricing front ? 

Kudos to M&M for getting the design right and looks awesome and though the opinion of the front end and grille design is split down the middle, I like it. All that needs to be known is how it handles and the price. It's got all the bells and whistles and the looks.

My first impressions

Pricing - Excellent, considering to be a more premium SUV than other Mahindra SUVs.

Looks - To be quite honest, i don't like the front grill. Resembles bolero is some way.

From back it again gives impression of Xylo.

Here mahindra might have done better. But considering the prices announced, looks are good enough.

I have question though - Why would Mahindra price this so close to Scorpio

Scropio VLX range also starts from 10 lac plus

Very early to say but this might have an adverse effect on Scorpio sales

OMG!!!! Unbelievable pricing.Ford has started this kind of pricing strategy while launching Figo then Nissan for Sunny ,Honda for Brio and now Mahindra followed the same strategy.Now i am concerned about Tata Aria.They were selling maximum 300 Arias per month  now it will come down to double digit?Tata has huge challenge in front of them to launch Tata Safari Merlin with price tag very competitive to Mahindras. Is XUV 500 will bring down the waiting period of Fortuner? Looking forward for XUV 500 Test Drive.