ashikawa

XUV500 Launched

Well,this XUV thing is going to rock some segments and yes be sure the Scorpio itself will be first in the line of getting eaten up,rest Innova will be loosing and Safari thing may feel some true heat specially when you call it 'SUV'.

My question is that will it get those limited slip differentials or completely lockable differentials for off-road enthusiasts even as an option or it will get the open ones,if open ones then its still be loosing against Safari in off-roading capabilities.

XUV 500 won't spare anyone including the toyotas' date='the facelifted innova is even more vanish that will create a lot of problem for them, but mnm's production capacity is very small so others should not be worried for the moment . Already bookings have crossed 8500 in the first day itself that too from just 4 cities .No other cars in the 10+L category enjoyed such a response.[/quote']

I agree, since many people dont like Innova as this a preferred choice of Taxi sector and many individuals dont like that.

Been to the Mahindra showroom in Bangalore - I should say love at first sight when I looked at the XUV. Very well built, truly a world car, very spacious for the front two rows of seating. Loads of features available, whether we use or not.

Now, third row is pretty cramped, at 5"11 I dont think I can sit there for a long journey. For average height people, should be ok. At third row, you feel like you are entraped :) In Innova my son could move from second row to third row and play around as a result of the bucket seats. Not possible here.

Interior. Dashboard and door are very well done. The centre console cries "Cheap" all the time and to be honest is pathetic for a car at this price. Moreover the centre console, dash and other things dont flow as a single unit. They are like bits and pieces fitted in once place unlike the innova, which flows so smoothly as one piece, even though simple. If only the interior design team could have the job half as well as the exterior design team, this would be much better.

Drivers seating position - again innova wins here. I felt the drivers view and ergonomics are better in innova. For e.g. gear shift, I have stretch my full hand to reach out to the gear.

Boot space again is a big drawback, cant even keep a decent bag. Innova wins here as well. Btw. I dont own a innova and I am not biased.

Will I buy XUV, absolutely yes and is it worth the money. I feel the price is just about it and not underpriced like it is made out to be. Onroad in bangalore for W6 is 14.x and for W8 is 15.4 and for W8 AWD it is 16.x. And this money is definitely worth paying for the looks, diesel engine and the presence, definitely not for the chinese gizmos that are all over :)

@

sekardhana 

- Nice and detailed review. 

M&M introduced XUV in a segment and price band where there was a vaccum and only Tata Safari was available for people who were looking for an SUV under budget of 11 L .

It will be exciting to see how Tata will price Merlin against XUV500.

If we compare XUV with Innova there will always be lots of differences because both represent different segments. Innova is designed as a people mover for long drive where as XUV has a pure sporty character and is a real SUV.

Given a choice and considering requirement (7 seater) I will still opt for Innova against XUV500.

But If I am looking for a real SUV and don't want to stretch budget more where Captiva is priced the choice would be only and only XUV500.  If I am considering for Scorpio I will stretch my budget more and will select XUV500.

One thing most people hate about XUV is the lack of boot space but I think it is a very good thing,lack of it will deter taxiwalas from buying it .Well the interiors are not great but it's not bad either.I just love this thing but a big boot like that of the Aria would make it more attractive,but then this will catch a lot of taxi guys,that's the last thing I want.

Bookings cross 5,000 within a week from 5 cities...

Waiting period around 5 months now...

What to say about the waiting period, if bookings start in all the cities ?

EcoTimes news of 08/10/2011:

Quote::

CHENNAI: With an aim to first satisfy the domestic demand for its newly- launched sports utility vehicle XUV500 model, automobile major Mahindra and Mahindra (M&M) proposes postponing its export plans, said a company official Saturday.

"The demand for the model is good even at this price point (Rs.10.8 lakh to Rs.11.95 lakh ex-showroom New Delhi). We have got bookings for 5,000 units within a week of its launch in five cities. The waiting period for the model is around 17 weeks now. Our capacity is to roll out 2,000 units per month. So we may have to postpone our export plans for the model further," Pawan Goenka, president, automotive and farm equipment sectors, told reporters here on the sidelines of the 16th Asia Pacific Automotive Engineering Conference.
unquote ::

XUV500 started off well.

Let us see how it fares in the long run.

Happy to see a fantastic looking car from Mahindra. Not that they've done a bad job with the Scorpio. Look how it looked when it was launched and how it looks now smiley1.gif

XUV sure looks a little like the LR Evoque. But is a design far better than any of the SUVs on offer. Undercuts Captiva by a heavy margin and appeals more to the buyer convincing him to put in those extra monies and get this.

Worth the cash asked I'd say. And yes, no Yellow Plates on this one please.

XUV 5OO - Complete specification

InLT0.jpg

BnlhX.jpg

axY6X.jpg

xEqxu.jpg

qImUw.jpg

m9NU8.jpg

*Note: Frequent copy pasting by outside forums/members without mention of source prompted me to put watermark.

Source:Mahindra Websiteashikawa2011-10-12 12:51:14

Scorpio's clutch in some models had problems even before 10k kms now mahindra have dual mass flywheel in 500.It is more prone to problems,most of the bigger companies are not able to make reliable dual mass flywheels.With the high torque engine this dual mass flywheel is going to trouble XUV sooner or later.

XUV500 OVERBOOKED.  NEW BOOKINGS SUSPENDED.

=============================================

MUMBAI: Auto major Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) on Wednesday said it is temporarily suspending booking for its newly-launched XUV500, as the vehicle is sold out four long months.

"This (temporary suspension of booking) has been necessitated due to the overwhelming response to the newly- launched XUV5OO," the company said in a statement. The new vehicle is available only in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, and Pune.

The company has temporarily deferred new bookings since October 11. The XUV5OO has received over 8,000 bookings in just ten days, which is probably one of the most overwhelming responses to a new car launch in recent times, the company said.

The SUV, priced Rs 10.8 to 11.95 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), was launched on September 29 and booking began on October 1.

The priority is to expedite deliveries for existing bookings, hence a decision has been taken to not open up new cities immediately, it said.

The sports utility vehicle, which was designed and developed by the company's Chennai-based research team, has also been launched in South Africa.