ashikawa

XUV500 Launched

M&M has announced an increase of 30k to 55k in prices of XUV 5OO. 30k increase for W6 variant' date=' 50k for W8 2WD and 55k for W8 4WD.

I would say that this increase is quite reasonable and should be easily accepted in market considering the response it received.

[/quote']

Fair enough I say. This had to happen someday, but I wish the present price continued till a minor upgrade or facelift. Nowadays you get facelift just after a year and half. Moreover it might kill the next set of bookers as Aria has got a recent price cut and Merlin is coming up. So if they increase it now, it might be a bad time to do so.

Hey guys, I have a question. Why is it that Autocar, Overdrive and BSM magazine quote in their Mahindra XUV500 test drive report that the AWD W8 will come soon and they have posted reviews of only the W8 2WD? I thought the W8 AWD was launched on Sept 29th along with the other variants. Please correct me guys.

@KarthickB

XUV 5OO was launched with AWD which is it's top most variant W8 4WD

@sekardhana

I think numbers you are posting for Innova 51930 is for full 2011 year and not just for december month.

Innova's december sales figures should be around 5k

Hey guys' date=' I have a question. Why is it that Autocar, Overdrive and BSM magazine quote in their Mahindra XUV500 test drive report that the AWD W8 will come soon and they have posted reviews of only the W8 2WD? I thought the W8 AWD was launched on Sept 29th along with the other variants. Please correct me guys.[/quote']

The w8 AWD varient are very few and dealer showed me that he has delivered only 3 units since launch and he also said that the waiting period is almost 4-5 months reliastically.

Even the test drive vehicles aren't AWD but for urban buyers the FWD is good enough except for torque steer there is nothing much to complain about mechanically.

I saw a W8 Left Hand Drive XUV 500 being driven today near Mount Road, Chennai. Could not take a pic. But i'm sure it's a test vehicle for Mahindra's LHD markets.

Will the XUV500 make it to the USA?

I don't think the XUV will succeed in USA because the styling may not be up to the liking of their more matured market and the quality may not be accepted there . This LHD version will be mainly for the SE ASIA and African nations .

@bornfree

Lousy policy? I beg to differ. Mahindra sure damn well knows that the demand for this vehicle is equally high from "lousy" cities and hence the policy of "ignoring" major markets.

I mean common big metro's have always enjoyed SUV's sedans due to earlier delivery dates. In this case ignoring a few hundred customers in a major city is better. Eventually in our country where buyers buy a car in one region and drive down to another region to register it will continue here as well. It's a win-win situation.

vr.462012-01-14 17:56:15

XUV500 bookings to start at 19 more centres from Jan 25th. 

This time, the M&M team is well prepared, it appears.  They have also lined up a random generation method by an international auditing agency to allot firm booking numbers if the bookings pour in.  This is based on the first round of bookings done by them in only 5 centres.  They had to suspend further bookings after only 10 days or so.  They now have also scaled up production of the XUV500 and cut down on export orders for the car. 

Let us hope the prospective buyers may have to wait for far less period.

All the best M&M.  

Its a marketing strategy which has paid well for Mahindra...

Roll out 8000 vehicles to see how the market picks up - and advertise it in a way that the 8000 customers feel "so-damn-lucky" to get their hands on the latest craze. No doubt, its a good looking SUV and a head turner.

Then, soak in the success for a month and then announce another round of bookings "extending" it to some more cities (another set of "oh-so-lucky-its-in-our-city-as-well-now") with a lottery system smiley1.gif - hmm interesting...

But its good to see the irony - You can get an Audi/BMW/Merc without having to wait for the bookings to open, lottery system et. al. BUT you have to pray to God that Mahindra opens bookings and that you get the XUV5oo

Cheers

Hey neerajd, it is not irony that you have to be lucky to get the XUV500 and you get Audi & beemers easily. Obviously the buyers for Germans will be much lower than the buyers of XUV. Here Mahindra has kicked below the belt to so many cars in the industry and gathered interest of bulk of prospective buyers. Just think how many people are on the verge of updating from their VERNA, CITI, FIESTA and LINEA. Their next pocket size will be 10-14 lakhs and see you don't have proper option in the market, in that price range. There are so many other who intend to buy SUV and what are the options? Safari and Scorpio only.. Both of these are too old for younger generation. Those who are stretching for Endy and fortuner are also putting their calculations of saving so many lakhs while buying XUV and yet serving the purpose of having a proper SUV. So after seeing great success in 5 cities and the premium running in the market, so many people have find an investment opportunity too.

So all in all, this saga is going to be their for atleast one year, except some extra ordinary product comes in to the market ( which is not possible immediately), or any change in Govt. diesel policy in coming budget.

What say?

What ever be the reason, 500 gots the looks to attract the mass. IMHO, its a middle class EVOQUE, so 25k booking is nothing. On the way, some might migrate to Duster/ Storme/Aria.. etc, but still a applaudable effort from M&M.

OT- @nikvint, its Bimmer and not a beemer

Agree to both nikvint and bala. And nikvint you made a valid point in terms of a good and a young SUV within the 15 lacs mark.

Mahindra really has got a winner on hands and they are going to make the most of it.