raj_5004

Scorpio M-Hawk or Safari 2.2?

which is the better car? all new scorpio nHawk VLX or the new safari 2.2 VTT....? well, i think looks are subjective, so no point in discussing that. i think the scorpio's engine is still a strong point. although being 120 bhp compared to the 140 bhp of the safari, ot leads in acceleration and fuel efficency figures. handling is very improved, almost identical to safari.

but ride quality and space in safari is much better, overall safari is more comfortable.

i think those who enjoy driving will still prefer the scorpio and the safari is for those who like relaxing in the back seat. 

Safari is best buy as it offer accessories like rear ac vents LCD screen and good handling to make ride better .mHawk has junk accessories ever heard cruise control without knowing which speed was it put on.

I would prefer the Scorpio if you'd be driving yourself and wont use the rear seats too much. Although the Mhawk is much better, the ride is still way off the Safari. You are still tossed about in the cabin on rough patches. The seats also aren't as good as you get on the Safari.

But, the build quality on the Mhawk is definately better than the safari. Its much quieter both the suspension and the engine included. Basic stuff like powered mirrors would have done good here.

FRG

yes, the scorpio is an urban suv, n the safari is a highway king. but i feel features like rear n tyre sensors, auto headlights n wipers, cruise control will be appreciated by everyone as it enhances comfort n convenience, but LCD screens r not used by all. it may come into use only for long distance travellers.

That's what Safari is for get a driver and sit in rear seat of safari if you live in subarbs and work in south Mumbai the traffic can help you watch a couple of movie of serial .smiley36.gif

i had written a mail to autocar india as to why they think that the scorpio VLX is too steeply priced even though they have rated it better than the safari (scorpio's 8/10 v/s safari's 7/10) considering the safari is more expensive than the scorpio. (i am talking about mHawk and safari 2.2)...

so i got their reply as:

Dear Sir,

The Scorpio was always better than the Safari. What we are comparing the mHawk too is the CRDe Scorpio. It isn't such a huge improvement over it that justifies the steep price hike. It still doesn't compare to the Innova which is an overall better package. Our verdict is justified because M&M is now planning to bring out a cheaper version of the mHawk following market reaction to its high price.

AAA

autocar india testers are much more experienced and unbiased than us. so doesnt this mail of their's prove that the scorpio is a much better vehicle.

n pls dont say that thay have also written it is not as good as an innova. i know that n hence i am not comparing it with an innova. here, the contenders are scorpio and safari...

Autocar India testers are same persons like us, they have their biases and prejudices. You don't know anyone of us here that intimately to pass such a broad based judgement just because we dont' side with your darling Scorpio. Are you aware about every member here? Or their exposure to the auto industry or experience? Just because we don't work or write for Autocar doesn't make us lacking experience or knowledge or balanced perspective.

Having said all that, my reward goes to Safari, better ride, space, refinement and engine.

yes, they are the same like us. i dont mind you not favouring my "darling" scorpio, as you said. but then why are you getting so furious? because i dint favour your "darling" toyota????

u have lots of experience and knowledge buddy (else i wouldnt be debating with you, rite?), so do i and all other members here and we are here to share our views, isnt it??

when i wrote autocar's judgement, i never meant to say that you are writing crap and autocar's decision is final. sory, but you took it in the wrong sense.

Where am I getting furious?

Innova is not my darling in any sense. Its comparatively a better offering in the MUV class than whats available for choice here in India. Its far superior in every sense than Mahindra's offering. Its also a Toyota, that name is enough to denote it's pedigree. According to your PM, you don't care how the rest of the world assesses automobiles but guess what, once doesn't climb up the ladder of success in this highly competitive automotive world and stay there with consistency unless one has some serious quality and R&D to back it up. Toyota and Honda has shown that kind of consistency, they even managed to dethrone the previous champ of quality automobiles, namely the Germans and have managed to stay ahead of them.

You wrote Autocar testers are more experienced and unbiased than us in your previous thread because they sided with your apple of eye namely Scorpio and I totally beg to differ with that. I will repeat, you don't know anyone of us here intimately to even know what some of us have been through.

@ gurkha: i once again remind you not to bring toyota and honda into picture. this thread compares a scorpio and a safari. toyota is a notch above mahindra and tata. so if you wish, please compare tata n mahindra. maybe we can bring toyota also, but in some other thread. we need evenly matched competitors here, thats why tata and mahindra.

again, no toyota pls.

Where did I bring in Toyota?, I compared the Safari to Scorpio and gave my opinion. Are you now imagining things? See how Scorpio is clouding your brain.

This is what I said. " Having said all that, my reward goes to Safari, better ride, space, refinement and engine." Where is Toyota in this statement pray tell me?

First of all, I ain't your Yaar....... we are just forum members here and should address each other accordingly. Secondly you alleged that I mentioned Toyota so I replied to that remark.

I know some may like the Scorpio and some may like the Safari. Its an open forum, everybody has a right to voice their opinions. So no point getting worked up about a difference in opinion. Please state why you think the car is better than the other. Readers will make thier own choices.

FRG

Indeed, we are free to voice our opinion and counterpoints based on our experience, preferences, likes and dislikes. Otherwise this wouldn't be a forum. Point being that if one doesn't like the general consensus on a partucular subject or thread, its better to leave rather than be uncivil and tell members not to post their opinion.

My choice would be the 2.2 safari. The scorpio is good too. but lacks terribly in space. The second row seats are cramped and the ride is not as good as the safari.

Most SUVs in India are not bought for pure off roading, but rather for the owners to sit in the back seat and let the driver do the long runs.

If primarily for use in the city and if self driven then the scorpio makes more sense.

i would dump my ideas on both safari 2.2 and scorpio m hawk , i would rather go for the happily contented Innova , after a year or so we all know the true color of the scorpio or the safari so what is there to say or speak??

Regards,

Priya