raj_5004

Scorpio M-Hawk or Safari 2.2?

praveen' date=' the power is only on paper!

on the road, the 120 bhp scorpio is faster than the 140 bhp safari....
[/quote']

ya... i know that... maybe becoz of the extra weight. but still, i think the safari looks better

Safari looks better and its heavy due to stronger chassie and safety features like airbags and loads of comfort.

Don't forget the relatively better ride although the Safari still has tendency to wallow.

hi ppl...

jst registrd myslf...read all th conversation...may b m a bit late... ;)

though i do not hv dffrnt thoughts...bout safri n m hawk..

waz in same dilema...but finlly bot Safari..

but still respct scorpio..got 3 scorpioz...in line...but nw need 2 reclaim ma life..;)

I just completed a journey of over 3500kms on the safari. No issues whatsoever. Will be posting details in a day or two.

FRG

hey thats really cool, can't wait to read about it. do let me know when you post it.smiley1.gif

whoa whoa.......wats goin on here?dog fight b/w 2 guys over brands??chill guys.........!!!!however,i think the scorpio's miles ahead of the safari on every front except space!!!its got a better interior,better looks(in my view at least),better technology,better chassis,better quality(wen compared to the safari)nd its almost a million KG's lighter than the boulbos safari which uses too much  iron nd crude metal parts!!

i mean wen i took a teast drive hopin that at least now tata would hav got it right ,the speedo stopped workin,the rev meter started goin beserk,the clutch started squeakin,the body roll was massive,nd lets face it guys.......tata's safari seriously sucks!!the only good thing about owning a bloody safari is that you get to stretch yourself completely(evn if you're a six footer,coz i am)!!noother benefits.......only headaches!!!soo all those guys plannin to own safaris better buy a whole supply of paracetamol for that headache!!hahahahah!

Hello My Dear,

I am owner of Tata Safari Ex 3000,I have run 55000 km in 10 months and found it excellent.As for as Scorpio is concerend(Hawks is with automated features).

I alongwith my cir cle of friends rate Safari better than Scorpio in following ways:

1.More spacious comfortable but scorpio is not comfortable at all,bit tight,

2.DICOR model is giving me average of 11-12 km ,Scorpio is also in the same range.

3.AC is much better than Scorpio.

4.ABS system is better than Scorpio.

5.More stable than scorpio even at 130km/hr

6.Interior are better than Scorpio.

Many more advantages when we compare with Scorpio (even Hawks won't match with SAFARI Vx).

But very strange how u rate Scorpio better than DICOR SAFARI???

@Singh

We are all discussing about the Scoprio M Hawk and safari Dicor 2.2 , you must be havin the 2.9 one ,but reliabilty has been better with the scorpio but safari too isnt faar behind

Cheers!!!

For the price for the products offered it is a close call between the Scorpio and the Safari.In terms of refinement both the products are light years behind products made by Toyota and Honda.

Between the two Safari scores as it handles better and the ride is definitely better than the Scorpio.