Angelous

Can car customization solve this problem?

Hi, thank you for the quick response. I haven't test driven Jazz but I was feeling a little "tight" in the leg department (probably due to my knee problem). I like to keep my knee straight (i.e. my leg is more or less at 180 degrees) for the most comfortable driving experience. Wagon R doesn't have much space but I kind of relax my leg by keeping it between the clutch and the break (its kind of hard to explain).

But I have heard rumors that car garages and customizing shops can push the driving seat further back which gives me hope. So I was wondering if this esteemed forum has people who have experience in that area because I don't.

Don't do any customization to the seat rails, if that fails/comes loose, while driving it can be dangerous. Ideally,'Pick a car your size'. It may be a Scorpio or Safari. Check out the big hatchbacks viz: i20, Polo, Punto, Vista, too.Durango Dude2011-09-05 10:34:28

Thank you for your concern! smiley1.gif

I was under the impression that biggest hatches was either Jazz'11 or Swift'11. I really didn't want to go for a SUV but that option is becoming more and more probable. That is why I asked for car customization because I like driving hatches and I don't mind paying good money for good work done.

P.S. - I know I might have to swallow my pride and abandon Honda for Mahindra or Tata lol,

The jazz has class leading rear leg room of 91 cm, which is the same as that of the City. Only the vista and fabia have similar/greater leg space at the back.

At front, the punto and i20 have great leg space, but the same is compromised at the back.

Swift , punto, i20, i10,alto,spark,a star ,beat,polo all have cramped rear seats, with the alto,beat,spark feeling cramped at the front as well.

amongst rear leg space= Jazz/vista/fabia

amongst front leg space- i20/vista/punto/

You cannot hope to get the same product quality from tata/mahindra as that of a honda or volkswagen , still I think you can refer to Honda people for customizing your front seat.

Hi, are you sure your hands will reach to the steering, if you move the seat to the level, where your legs will be at 180 angle. And evenif it reaches to the steering, are you sure, it will be a comfortable position to drive the car with perfect maneuverability. I doubt. You can contact any body building garage, who can fix your seat at the level you wanted, but before fixing the seat for permanent level, try different level of stretch and then make it fix for permanent. All the best.