AMG1

Maruti 800 (SS80)-1st Generation

Excellent restoration work done.

I'd really advice you to opt for some l'll bit of customisation(of yours choice) for its Interiors, say for upholstery or Music system, etc.

Now there'z no woofer so the rear of the car goes up and its quite stiff too! I am planning to remove the second Pata and make it stock again.

It'll improve on its Ride comfort & provide better shock absorbance. But too much of depressed rear-end will affect its acceleration & pulling power abilities.

Okay guys, reviving this slightly old thread again. Changed my mind about selling the SS80, so its still with me :) Had gone to Hyderabad last May, luckily found a brand new front grille. Got it to Bombay with the help of some of my family friends and relatives, and here is the car, now shod with new front grille, new number plates, and also happened to find an old Maruti Monogram at the rear. Let the pics do the talking!

40746831063135724825979.jpg

Below Image has the old grille

19762939337024966881361.jpg

Now checkout the new ORIGNAL GRILLE!

newimagekw.jpg

Comments and suggestions welcome :)

Nice job @AMG1, don't sell it, whatever you do. It'll be worth a lot in about ten years.

Just my two paise, but... have you considered black wheel arch trim (but very thin strips, not extensions) - a la the Mk1 Golf GTI? Perhaps the black strip across the doors as well. I think it might up the retro appeal - but of course, it's your call :)

3155-web.jpg

I am not too sure about the wheel-arch trim as it wasnt an orignal fitment on this car. But yes I am still looking for the side impact beams with suzuki written on them, something like the one in the image below, but yet to find them. The car in picture is a Suzuki FX from Pakistan 55439831882059486401446.jpg

Hai friends, I am anvino

I own an SS80 for last 1 year

happy to join in this group, for any doubt about SUZUKI SS80, I am at your service :-)

follow my SS80 facebook page : www.facebook.com/suzukiss80

Okay guys, reviving this slightly old thread again. Changed my mind about selling the SS80, so its still with me :) Had gone to Hyderabad last May, luckily found a brand new front grille. Got it to Bombay with the help of some of my family friends and relatives, and here is the car, now shod with new front grille, new number plates, and also happened to find an old Maruti Monogram at the rear. Let the pics do the talking!

40746831063135724825979.jpg

Below Image has the old grille

19762939337024966881361.jpg

Now checkout the new ORIGNAL GRILLE!

newimagekw.jpg

Comments and suggestions welcome :)

AMG, the car looks amazing now. everything is very much straightened up. The rear looks very exquisite.

The only thing needed now;

1. The front bumper needs to be touched up from the left. It is scraped. Get it painted.

2. The newly installed grill needs a MARUTI or SUZUKI embelm on it. Then, it will be complete.

Yes.. will get a good paint touch-up done after the rains. Surprisingly the car has got lots of tiny scratches all over the body in very less time.

I have the maruti 800 orignal logo, need to stick it.

Thanks for the reply.

I am not too sure about the wheel-arch trim as it wasnt an orignal fitment on this car. But yes I am still looking for the side impact beams with suzuki written on them, something like the one in the image below, but yet to find them. The car in picture is a Suzuki FX from Pakistan 55439831882059486401446.jpg

Thanks AMG for uploading it. What do you mean by "Wheel Arch Trims"?

And yes the side impact beams were OE from Suzuki Japan. Every SS80 had this as the SS80 version "Suzuki FX" for Pakistan was unchanged and kept 100% original from Japan. The ones in India were modified by Maruti; but I've to say Maruti did a pretty great job those days.

Yes.. will get a good paint touch-up done after the rains. Surprisingly the car has got lots of tiny scratches all over the body in very less time.

I have the maruti 800 orignal logo, need to stick it.

Thanks for the reply.

AMG, I've a remedy to your car's scratches problem.

use this SONAX EasyShine: http://www.sonax.com/Car-Care/Products/Exterior-Paintwork-and-Chrome/(so)/0/(node)/12768/180100-SONAX-Easy-Shine

It is the best of all polish for all old and new cars. Polish your car with it and it will remain protected from scratches. If possible, get it compound polished and then apply this polish. Your car is newly painted. So you need to protect it with this otherwise paint might get withered.

Hai, this is anvino, after some days.

See the pictures. My parts collection for ss80.

I request all SS80 lovers to post pictures of ss80 & make this forum alive.

Friends, Please help Me: I need the following things urgently for my ss80:

1. Distributor Point (Make : DENSO/NIPPON DENSO)

2. Brake Master Cylinder (not suitable from later M 800)

3. Dicky Glass Hinges (Hangers)

4. Dicky Glass Shock (Hydraulics)

5. Original AC Unit (NIPPON DENSO:Compressor,condenser,cooling coil,cooling pipes,refrigerator)

Please Help Me my dear friends

post-7750-0-37829000-1343276474_thumb.jp

Hi All,

Good see people whos are fond of SS80 still... I do own a maruti 800.... I'm in need of some parts for my legend... Can someone help me to find spares...

Bannet button... Door bezel.... original door aluminium steel beedings... etc...

Regards

Raj