rssh

HONDA INDIA -BAD

I don't like the way Honda treats india firstly the car are too expensive and equipment less .The Quality may be top knotch but still the price is excessive Civic And City costs just 10lakhs for 1.8S AT and 6.5 lakhs GXI in other markets with same taxation policy. Their bike like Shine lacking in 5th gear shows their attitude to India. They haven't engeenered their car well to suit India conditions like the GC of CIVIC is too low and due to soft suspension the belly always gets scrapped .Were is the rough road package ?

The reliability is outstanding I agree and many people may not like my thinking .@ Gurkha and Pryus I have no complaint for Honda but Indian Honda for sure . smiley12.gif

There's no escaping that honda makes one of the most desirable vehicles here in the Indian market. It has taken this long for the city to be displaced by the SX-4 from its pedestal. But driving wise I find the city one of the most user-friendly vehicles, when i took that test drive, it felt like I had driven that demo car for 10 years, such was the ease and pleasure of driving that car. But was so poor on features that I went in for the Elantra.
FuelRunGod2008-01-01 08:08:45

Its the same across the world, when I went to buy my Accord in NY, I told the salesman about the Camry being better eqquiped and $2K cheaper, he calmly told me I am free to buy it but then if I really wanted the Camry, I would't be in a Honda showroom. Honda retains maximum resale value in US, the Civics of same vintage go more than BMW or MB at Craiglist and thats the ultimate testimonial to the car that sells itself.

There is no escaping from the fact that the manufacturer will charge the maximum he can get away with. Right now witht he image, and no inventories Honda can afford to do so. Once the second unit in Rajasthan comes on-line you may start seeing some discounts in their cars.

Today significant discounts are non-existent even in MS Swift & SX4!

its pretty much same and we indians shud be lucky that atleats they sell thier new products liek the Civic and new accord in india as soon as it wa slaunched world wide , well its almost the same with othe rcra manufacturers and Honda is good

regards,

priya

Let us hope that manufacturers have learnt the lesson from the Cielo where Daewoo committed suicide by dropping the price by 2L. I heard that many people who had new Cielo's on finance just dumped them with the Finance Company, since the residual value of the loan was more than the price of a new car!

when compared with its competition in the indian market, i dont think civic is too expensive buddy. it costs less than the corolla and is also a much more modern and contemporary product. it has all the equipment that the corolla offers excluding auto lights (which is optional on the corolla). dont forget, it offers paddle shifts on the automatic, also that cool cabin with digital speedo and stuff.

Corolla is cheaper than a Civic here in Punjab at least. After the launch of Civic, the Corolla sales faltered greatly. Said and done, the Civic is one of the best looking car on Indian roads today.

Civic is costlier than the Corolla, but it is a far more modern product. Also, it is more frugal. When you get into the 10L+ segment specifications and image count for more than 50k or 1L. The Civic auto is definitely a treat. Let us see how Toyota respond with the new Corolla which is imminent.

@ sgiitk: are you sure buddy that the civic is costlier? because according to my source, the corolla is costlier. a fully loaded manual corolla costs 13.63 lakhs and a similar specced civic manual costs 13.52 lakhs. both prices are on-road in mumbai.

Btw, Honda designs their cars low and will not compromise and raise their height, its the price you pay but it returns far superior handling as compared to cars that have been tweaked for India. Toyota foolisly modified it and used tubed tires and the result was a thumbs down from many who found its handling totally lacking.

I think the most appalling is the way Honda treats its Indian employees. Remember the outrage at its Gurgaon factory 2-3 yrs ago? Workers compalined that the Japanese bosses looked down on them, mistreated them and discriminated them, even assaulted them physically. That day was when all my love and respect for Honda was gone.

Well, no one begged the Hondas to set up base here and exploit Indian labourers if they had cheaper avenues elsewhere. They came on their own Accord... ahem! Anyway, that is never an excuse to carry out such illtreatment activities. It is possible that these claims by workers may be a bit exaggerated, but most of them seem sadly true.

Hey can any one tell the Euro crash rating for Civic and provide video link .The new Corolla has 4 stars.

I think even the Civic fares good , must be around 3 nd half or 4

regards,

Priya

Btw' date=' Honda designs their cars low and will not compromise and raise their height, its the price you pay but it returns far superior handling as compared to cars that have been tweaked for India. Toyota foolisly modified it and used tubed tires and the result was a thumbs down from many who found its handling totally lacking.[/quote']

Yup , you are right gurkha , for example lets see the Tata , they produce cars for SUch a low price and you can see thier performance and reliablity , take Honda and toyota you will know it Last long really long

Regards,

Priya

which other market are we referring to here rssh? can you also list the coparative prices for toyota and suzuki models say for corola and SX4? we will get a better picture then. also if you see CIVIC as overall package is just too mouth watering and at that price it is worth .