sarabjeet

Fuel Price check thread.

as everything in india i think privatizing petrol prices has caused more nuisance than expected.

Govt cannot put a limit as even Indian govt is importing its oil.
But here is the issue that needs to be thought of.
US is the biggest importer of fossil fuels and i was there for a year.
AFAIK the fuel prices remained rather still .
I think there is heavy lobbying going on that must be checked.
WTF does the common man have to do to survive if things are so hopelessly organized here.

One of these days I feel the citizens are going to Delhi and just destroy all the "Great Govt Buildings" ' date=' they are of no use anyway.

PS:: I drive a diesel but even i feel sorry for everyone .
This is shameful to say the least
[/quote']

Absulutely correct. I don't see petrol prices are fluctuating here in US like we see in each 15 day or so in India. I believe there is a massing profit booking going on by GOI.

Any updates on the proposed tax on diesel vehicles??

My brother told that while searching for a diesel hatch when he asked this question then the reply was yes. Yes there will be a hike on taxation on diesel small cars but they will not be penalized with 22% duty. Instead they will charges somewhere between 15 to 22 percent so that it can be more and more expensive than petrol once and side by side should not be as expensive as diesel sedans (otherwise who will buy small diesel car...when you can have sedan at same price)

Expected price rise of Rs 5/litre soon(petrol). May be tomorrow or day after. CNN IBN reported today. 

wow...i think they had just increased by 3 to 4 Rs once week ago...and now again 5 Rs. smiley7.gif

^^^

Actually the Govt kept mum on price increase owing to election. Now the results are out, so is going to be our pocket.

@sstar

Price didn't raise for longer period, so this 5Rs is going to be new. Only Shell increased by 2 or 3Rs before a month.

@sstar

Price didn't raise for longer period' date=' so this 5Rs is going to be new. Only Shell increased by 2 or 3Rs before a month.
[/quote']

Isn't it true that price got increase just in last week of Feb 2012 too? I guess.
Sstar2012-03-07 16:20:04

IOC threatens to raise petrol prices by Rs 10 per litre

Fuel retailers have threatened to hike petrol prices by about 15% if the government does not temporarily regulate prices and compensate them for losses on sales, further evidence that the liberalized market really remains under New Delhi's control.

The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its policy review on Tuesday also advocated raising the retail price of petrol.

"It is imperative for macroeconomic stability that administered prices of petroleum products are increased to reflect their true costs of production," RBI governor D. Subbarao said.

India freed pricing of petrol in June 2010 but continues to subsidize prices of petrol, kerosene and cooking gas to protect the poor from the impact of any inflation pressures.

In the second half of 2011, oil companies began reflecting market realities more closely and raised local petrol prices but stopped from end-November on the request of the government

My hunch... petrol will go up by at least 5-7 Rs within the next couple of weeks.

HP, BP and IOC have already hinted of a strike next week which will definitely incite the government to give a go ahead to revise the retailing price.

It sure is an appalling situation with the ever increasing price of the fuel.

The Government was suggested around 1.3 Rs/liter hike in diesel and 1.4 Rs/liter hike in petrol. The larger volumes in diesel justified it, but the government is not at all interested to touch diesel prices till diesel deregulation is final. It does not want to take the burden of taking the blame of increasing the price of regulated product.

UPDATE

Petrol prices up by Rs 7.50/litre. Effective from 12am.

This just cant go on unchecked.

Any new age Mahatmas , ANNAs left out there ???

Its time for a CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE MOVEMENT Version 2.0

Well said librankur,

Every now and then we hear about a price hike, I'm sure within a month they will bring down the price by about 2 Rs and will argue that the effective hike was Rs.5/- and people eventually will adjust with the price since they have no choice. Car lovers like us cant do without our cars.

What about the numerous hikes we have had in the last 2 years, we started to live with the last price of 70.68 (mumbai) and will adjust with this price as well.

Thats what we do, always... adjust. Adjust with corruption, defunct government, inflation etc and the list is endless.

Yes, BJP will protest for a few days ofcourse in vain, since they have no power.

Weak rupee, not really, every other currency is europe is depreciating due to euro crisis against the dollar, hence dollar is picking up.

What is the solution? Stop driving or switch to alternative fuel, I dont think so. I am in no love with alternative fuel. I drive my friends wagon r LPG and guys its a sorry feeling. No offence to owners.

I have to make frequent trips to hospitals with my father for his check up and treatment. Do you really think I would consider petrol prices then. Like me I guess number of people would be paying this irrational prices because they have no choice. they are helpless. Its a shame that our government is not willing to reduce their share of money. I guess it goes upto 50% per litre, including central and state government taxes. If goa can do it, why not others.

Contd..

If they are so prompt in hiking prices as soon as the international per barrel price increases, then why not show this promptness in reducing the prices. I have never seen a significant price cut, until recently(goa 11rs).

Mumbai is just 21 away from a century and bangalore just 19 away. at this pace these two can reach the 3 digit figure in no time. Thank you for all the news and well played you two. After all these corruption scandals we just needed a cheery for the topping.

Is it time we invited private players and foreign players to compete here. Just like most of our other industries. Let there be a price war.

Indian Govt. is trying to recover all the Price differential & Subsidy costs from Petrol alone, previously which was considered to be fuel of Rich people, when Maruti 800 or 1000 was the dream car for them.

But today's scenario has been changed, Most of the luxury cars run on Diesel nowadays & Petrol is the fuel of Lower or Lower middle class, which use it to drive their 2-wheelers & Small cars, respectively.

So, Govt needs to amend this policy or recovery than to Ring an Alarm for Rising class alone, everytime.

28 MAY, 2012, 05.27PM IST, AGENCIES

Petrol price to come down to Rs 71.92 in Delhi; IOC hints at up to Rs 1.50 cut.

CNG to get dearer by a notch

NEW DELHI: Petrol will cost Rs 1.26 less in the capital with Delhi government slashing 20 per cent VAT on the hiked component in its budget today which also provided a huge push to social sector spending to apparently win over sections disgruntled with Congress as it prepares for next year's Assembly polls.

However, the slash in petrol prices may not give the much needed relief to common man as Delhi government proposed a fresh five per cent VAT on CNG, which is used by a number of people in the city for running their vehicles.

Petrol will now cost Rs 71.92 after the cut. After the increase last week, Delhiites used to pay Rs 73.18.

The CNG price will see an increase from Rs 35.45 per kg following the five per cent hike in VAT.

"The price of petrol in Delhi is the lowest among all the metro cities and lower compared to the price in neighbouring cities of Haryana, Uttar Pradesh also. I have deeply considered the matter and of the view that the citizens of Delhi need to be provided some relief.

(-ET)

I think this all price rise is a drama of GOI by conveying to the mass that oil firm and incurring heavy loses however, they are earning profits.

Why dont they start charging the price from sarkari babus and netas who are using govt vehicles for their own personal needs?

In my city, people are willing to pay Rs 100 if they can get petrol. Here every pump is dry and in the few they have, half km line standing in front and you have to invest 2 hours to fill.

All roads are empty and public conveyance are overflowing.

In my city' date=' people are willing to pay Rs 100 if they can get petrol. Here every pump is dry and in the few they have, half km line standing in front and you have to invest 2 hours to fill.

All roads are empty and public conveyance are overflowing.
[/quote']

You mean in chennai???