sgiitk

Engine Remaps

I would like to hear about ECU remaps for Diesels as well as petrols (if available).

Information of interest will be which one, cost, where done or hoy easy or tough to do & experience of the user.

Some do offer remaps like Pete's for petrol cars also. Don't know how it affects the engine reliability though.

This is the brand I had in mind, since ACI has carried out tests with these remaps as well. Petrol remaps from Pete's is indeed news to me, I thought they specialized in Turbo Diesels. I really look forward to the release and then a report on their remap for the Fabia!

Not at the moment. I expect to replace my Accent in 2008 or 2009. The options on the current list are Civic/City, Corolla, Laura. The Fabia may be in consideration only after the Auto comes in as replacement for the Santro sometime in thr future. But then circumstances can change?

I may also look at the Fabia for our daughter towards the end of the year.

If you want the Laura which I would plead you not to' date=' wait for the VW Passat which is better finished and equipped.[/quote']

at over one and a half times the price!

If you want the Laura which I would plead you not to' date=' wait for the VW Passat which is better finished and equipped.[/quote']at over one and a half times the price!

Indeed but will offer you that much as well but then you are better off waiting for the Accord diesel which I promise will set the automotive world on fire here.

Gurkha: Can we now PLEASE return to the topic !!

Indeed.........sorry for that, I would stay off tuning boxes unless they are done specifically by reputed companies or the auto company's racing division. The key word here is testing and track time along with internal knowledge and R&D. Most of the big tuners have info from the manufacturer not available to ordinary run of the mill tuners especially from out part of the world. So big names like TRD, HKS, Brabus, AMG, Kremer, Millen etc. are the ones to look for.

There is a new auto programming company KIIRUS in Mumbai that provides custom ECU remaps and they work with Auto programmers from Germany. I had my diesel swift remapped by them. Simply love it. Try their demo cars and I am sure they will help you answer all your questions.

For diesel cars one can buy the pete's box as its a simple way of increasing your car's power...i have read on their site many owners are saying after pete's box their fuel effieciency has increased by 10 % and the others reporting   the same consumption. that is great cause you get increase in power w/o the increase in running expenses which is great.

regarding petrol i think to up the performance one has no option but to add a turbo-charger as done by pete's with their 500 bhp octy....they have added turbo-chargers and remapping to shape the beast !!!!

Hi,

There is another company as well who offers remaps for all Indian cars(most) and foreign cars irrespective of the fact that they are petrol or diesel unlike the others who offer remaps mainly for Euro Cars.

The company is well established and renowned in the tuning scene. Giving below the link to his website.

Am using the same on my Turbo Charged B16A and can say that is far better and reliable than the Race Dynamics ECU which I removed from my car. 

http://www.tunedichip.com/

Viper

You could remap a petrol as well as a diesel car. The trouble are with the japanese petrols that need part alterations in the ECU plus programming that usually infaltes the cost and is not worthwhile in India. For eh its cheaper to work on a BMW than a honda civic. 

Did you guys visit the TOI 2009 motorshow. We stopped by at booth / company very new in india, KIIRUS. They seemed knowledgeable. The program cars to work best on premium diesel and petrol. I thought the idea of tuning cars best by determining the quality of fuel made more sense than just tuning them for more power only. That keeps the ratio better and its also good for the engine life. They explained this to me and after much research i found it was true.