DeadlyPiranha

Honda Brio Variants: exclusive

Honda Brio:

• E M/T-basic model with AC, PS, CL, PW, coloured bumpers/ wheel caps, grey interior*
  • S M/T-two tone beige interiors, stereo with USB/ Aux-in/ steering mounted audio controls, body coloured door handles and OSRVM
  • S M/T safety pack-with optional dual airbags and ABS
  • V M/T-with alloy wheels, front fog lamps, high grade two tone beige interiors plus carpeting.
Features are "key features"

*to be confirmed at the time of launch.

colours-urban titanium, white, rallye red, electric blue, silver and black

Honda is unveiling BRIO today at 12:00 noon.

I saw two brio's this morning on western express highway mumbai. May be they were transporting it to dealerships for display. 
ashikawa2011-09-27 05:21:56

E - 3.95L (entry level)

S- 4.35L

S- Option : 4.9L

V - 5.1 Lakhs

Updates from launch

- The Brio will join the list of successful models like the Accord, Civic, City and Jazz from the Honda stables

- Honda cars have been successfully ranked no. 1 in JD Power surveys

- Heavy localisation has helped in pricing the Brio very competitively

- Honda will export engines and mechanical components from India to other ASEAN markets

- Mr. Takahira Higuchi, Honda R&D, Japan, addresses the media with the development process of the Brio

- The Honda Brio has been developed specifically for India

- Indian always want the latest in technology and design

- The Indian roads are congested and therefore the market prefers small cars

- The market also seeks good fuel economy, comfortable and spacious interiors and a contemporary design

- Honda kept all these key requirements in mind while the development of the Brio

- But at the same time, the car also needed to be a typical Honda - reliable, up-to-date and well put-together

- Therefore the Brio is fun to drive, reliable, economical and fulfils the requirements of Indian customers

- A video showing the production of the Brio plays on the screen

- An audio-visual explaining the exterior and interior design of the Brio

-The Honda Brio boasts of class leading interior space

- The 1.2-litre petrol engine and the 5-speed manual gearbox has been carefully tuned for better fuel economy

- The aerodynamic design and lightweight materials add further to the fuel eonomy of the Honda Brio

- The Brio comes loaded with safety feautures in spite of being small and cheap

- The Brio will come with ABS and driver and passenger airbags

- The driver side will feature the advanced i-SRS airbag

- The Brio will be available in six colours. The Green Colour seen on the Brio Concept will not be availalbe in India

rahul18102011-09-27 08:01:50

E - 3.95L (entry level)

S- 4.35L

S- Option : 4.9L

V - 5.1 Lakhs 

Prices of S and S option are intruding the premium hatch segment(i.e. Polo base model) and some popular hathches like i10 prices. I don't think these prices will help much.

I think pricing will not cut ice with buyers. Has Honda done a Jazz, here remains to be seen. But the Brio has all the ingredients for a successful hatch sans the price, just like Jazz, especially with the Eon also premiering to spoil the party, with jaw dropping styling.Durango Dude2011-09-27 13:48:06

Eon is a whole segment below it. Brio has everything going for it apart from boot space. But if Swift at 15 liters extra can be a bestseller nothing there to stop Brio.

In India brand is a big thing, and if their is one brand that can give Suzuki a fight, atleast in petrol, it is Honda. I expect Brio to go to 7-8k per month, if Honda has that much capacity. i10 will also come down a little bit, factored by Petrol+Brio.

Brio Jazz Price comparo

i10

Magna (Metalic)             423,576

Sportz (Metallic)     453,562

Sportz Option(Metallic)     483,382 Has only Driver Airbags, with no ABS

Asta (Metallic)             527,258

Brio

E MT      : Rs. 395,000

S MT      : Rs. 435,000

S(O) MT      : Rs. 490,000

V MT      : Rs. 510,000

Brio S & S(O) will be the highest sellers. i10 Magna and Sportz(O) will be the highest losers. Everything is priced 20k less than i10 and that guarantees itself an audience. Seating space is great and that would mean, for most buyers ready to accept the only little flaw in this car regarding boot space.

rahul18102011-09-27 14:27:03

Think because of the shock pricing, Brio will be an outright success. People would love to own a Honda at such prices. This time around Honda has gone out & out on pricing, looks it learned its lessons in complete from the Jazz experience.

For a final verdict, will have to feel the car in flesh!

Hey that's a cool pacman adventure out there DD!
BornFree2011-09-27 16:52:13

Hyundai EON is promising vehicle but Brio is altogether a different vehicle which will attract people who look for VFM hatch which is fun to drive and having a brand value.

I feel Hyundai EON will eat away Alto's market share and Honda Brio will eat away Liva's and Swift ' s as well as i10's market share.

It is a very tough time for TATA as well as Punto to survive in this kind of cut to throat competition unless Tata and Fiat don't focus on building-up trust among the consumers they will be out soon.

Yes I totally agree with Tejas. Brio has punched below the belt to so many cars in the market. Here in Ahmedabad all the diesel hatches like Ritz, Figo, I-20, Polo has waiting period of atleast 20-30 days, but Punto and Vista are available at a discount. These shows that, they are too far from the market condition and more downward in the economy will be problematic to the future of the company like FIAT. New models and upgrades keep customers visiting the show-room, but unfortunately they do not have anything in their Bag. Hope they atleast change their stance and play some aggressive game to keep them going.

BTW, why Honda is not buying a Pair of Diesel engines from some world renowned company and assemble them in India to come with diesel technology?

All the best.

Yesterday had a look at BRIO. Awesome vehicle, super spacious when compared to it's competitors, i.e., Swift and i10.

@dd,

Totally agreed to the second part of your image. This will eat i10 for breakfast, lunch & dinner. I can even add tea and snacks to it.

Eon will also eat into i10 sales, so its time for i10 to do something.

@star

Brio will not affect the sales of Swift because 80 percent of it's coming is for Diesel, and in petrol, sizeable share of it will be for it's looks and driver orientation or the

handling, so no competition here also.

Honda seems to employ new kids to explain Brio, the sales guy explain the function of headlight adjuster for quite sometime as if no other car has it.creativebala2011-09-28 13:10:37

... Honda seems to employ new kids to explain Brio ...

Bala, we have a saying in Telugu which says (more or less)

"new beggers are unaware of when, where or how to beg".

Oh! those poor kids.  They never knew who Bala is.  Pardon them.

They may take some time (probably a week or two) to get to know about the ground realities and pick up the real threads.

By the way, I am getting excited.  In addition to Eon, I need to do a TD of  Brio as well.

rameshbabu.n2011-09-28 14:56:02

Every 5th car on the road you see would probably be a maruti swift, this has got to mean something right? The Swift is one of the most successful cars the Indian market has ever seen. Just one glitch in soooo many decades doesn

Honda Brio:

E M/T-basic model with AC, PS, CL, PW, coloured bumpers/ wheel caps, grey interior*

S M/T-two tone beige interiors, stereo with USB/ Aux-in/ steering mounted audio controls, body coloured door handles and OSRVM

S M/T safety pack-with optional dual airbags and ABS

V M/T-with alloy wheels, front fog lamps, high grade two tone beige interiors plus carpeting.

Features are "key features"

*to be confirmed at the time of launch.

colours-urban titanium, white, rallye red, electric blue, silver and black

Will SMT have two tone but as per honda it will have single tone. not sure if it will be grey or light brown. Any one any idea?

Well,came across an Eon era yesterday and I am in a mood to oppose my forum mates who are saying that Eon can eat up the Honda Brio,why?

20111028_022206_1.JPG

Because Eon feels a bit too much downmarket and there are a lot of cheap bits too,although the design from interior and exterior both is great but still it does not have what it needs to dominate,at least I can never go for such a car.Its just,okay here are my observations:-

1)Its build quality is far far behind the Brio.

2)Just once take the steering of the Brio and then take the Eon,you are going to put the Eon on fire.

3)The Era variant at 3.42 lacs on-road Haridwar that means Magna and Sports variant may be something about 4 lacs for magna and 4.5-4.6 lacs for Sports,so the car comes in Brio territory but is nowhere near the Brio.

4)The power to weight ratio is okay but still its an 800 cc while the i-vtec is a gem.

5)Space is nowhere near the Brio.

6)Ride is nowhere near the Brio.

7)Door handles and inner door pads seems to be even more flimsy than a Maruti 800.In fact you won't ever pull a door handle hard because you will be scared that it will come out.

8)Shut the doors and you feel like,I mean not even a small thud.

9)Its magna and Brio E are equally specced.

AND MANY MORE...YOU NEED TO JUST TASTE BOTH OF THEM AND THEN YOU WILL FIND THAT THIS CAR CAN EASILY LOSE TO BRIO,ONLY IF BUYERS MAKE SOME SENSIBLE DECISIONS.TSiVipul2011-10-28 02:28:39

Well' date='came across an Eon era yesterday and I am in a mood to oppose my forum mates who are saying that Eon can eat up the Honda Brio,why?

AND MANY MORE...[/quote']

One most important thing you forgot dear !

That's the fuel efficiency

Its a proven fact that Honda cars are much more fuel efficient than Hyundais'.

Even though with lesser quoted ARAI figures, I'm sure Brio can easily beat EON in fuel efficiency stakes.

@Nikvint:

Actually I am also aware of the senseless comparo I have made,but whats the fact that I was already fed up reading the same comparison in the same thread(just have a look at the first page of this thread)so I just kept my personal opinion as well as observations.