shreeshp

New launches in 2008? (Station Wagons / MUVs)

In the current market, I have zeroed in on Indigo Marina. I have read zillions of reviews and have come to accept the possibility of poor service and build quality. The low initial cost and the promise of a good mileage (my sister gets 20+ on highways) draws me to this choice.

Question is, what new launches in 2008 can I look forward to, before I finalise?

• Pls keep in mind my above choice, so do not suggest a Touareg or Tiguan. I would to spend upto 7-8 lac.

• I am a Maruti fan
Thanks.

Toyota Innova all the way...

Even a very well maintained second hand Innova costing Rs 7-8 lakhs will be anyday better than a Tata Indigo Marina. You must have adequate parking space of course. Routine servicing by Toyota dealers come for a price, much higher than what Tata 's charge. But reliability in the case of a Toyota is top class.

Hey,

I have read some where that Renault plans to launch an estate version of the Logan. I'm sure this will be a better buy than the Indigo, but the launch may be much later this year, probably second half.

Cheers,

Sujith

Since you say you're a Maruti fan, you might also consider buying a Baleno Altura (second- hand most likely if you won't mind). Its ood the good but underrated engine and reliability of the Baleno, a dark horse among Indian cars.

Why not the FOrd Fusion diesel ?? or the Mahindra Scorpio CRDe LX ?? i am sure these are the tw cars tht are better and bigger than the Indigo Marina

and much spacious and good mutli utility vehicle

Regards,

Priya

Guys,

Thx for the responses so far. Innova is a good bet. Scorpio is decent, but I think Innova is better. Ford Fusion is OK, but I would rather have a stationwagon/MUV. Balena Altura is a good thought, but it is being discontinued - so not favoring it. Versa is not good on FE or looks. My real intent was getting a discussion on newer launches. I searched thru AutoCarIndia news site and found the following:

* Logan MCV, as Sujith mentioned - later in the year and quite unattractive.

* Swift saloon version - interesting, but still not a Station Wagon.

* Indigo compact - not good, I would want a larger Marina if possible.

Forgot one more thing - I checked with a few friends owning Indigos - while the build quality complaints are real, the Tatas seem to be focussing real hard on after-sales service. He is very pleased with the attention that he gets from Tata Motors - he gets a call soliciting feedback after every service and they ensure that the dealer keeps you happy. This focus might be particularly enhanced considering my city - Pune :)

hi shree , hang on man India will be having a lots of station wagons , i thin you are looking for the size of Octavia Combi well thats twice as expenice of your given budget , may be you should telll you huge load to wait or else it would e better buying yourself an Innova

Cheerssmiley20.gif

HI Shree,

How long are you willing to wait? Coz Tata will launch their new indica in Jan and probably follow it up with indigo, marina etc in the seond half. The new indigo marina could be good and will be   

a good buy.

Cheers,

Sujith