Sign in to follow this  
Vadevelan

Why Shell petrol giving less mileage in Hyndai i10

Hi,

I am using Hyundai i10 Magna started using Shell initially at initial stage(first 2 months).That time the mileage was 10kmpl around.Then i started using HP petrol due to petrol price hike.It gives 11 kmpl or 11.5 sometimes.And continued with HP petrol for past 1 and 1/2 years.Now i changed to use SHELL petrol now as there is not much price difference between normal and shell.But after using SHELL , i am getting only around 10 kmpl  then tried with Shell super for extra mileage that reduced and which is 9.2 kmpl.I am wondering here why i am getting less mileage with Shell. These mileage checks done only fill up 10 litres after reserve.Not tested with full tank.

Please tell me the reason to get less mileage in Shell petrol.

Initially I was also a victim of the Myth, shell petrol gives lower FE, but later I found the reason behind.

The Shell petrol makes the engine Very Revv Happy compared to other petrols, so without our intension, we love the RevvHappiness and drive faster. It took a while to understand this and now I drive or Revv slower even though the engine is too free.

So next time when you Fuel at Shell, do make sure you dont enjoy your car's New RevvHappiness.

PS - Today all our vehicles booze at Shell.

Dont go with company specification according to company it mileage is 21kmpl. but in actual it gives 15-18 kmpl. i world prefer go with kappa engine. The Kappa engine is an aluminum block, four-cylinder engine that features double overhead cam shaft and breathes through 16 valves. This car features all top end features sunroof, 2-Din audio system, a unique red pack for the Sportz interiors and some class leading safety features like anti-lock braking system (ABS) and dual airbags.

With Shell the engine revvs up like a dream, and you tend to focus all your attention on the power rather than thinking about Fuel Efficiency. So it's absolutely normal that you get mileage in that range. Don't let the car control you and you'll find the best route to FE.