creativebala

A-star sedan coming soon

Who can understand Indian market better than Maruti, many of us complain that a-star, even though a very good car is very bad in space management. So Maruti decided to attach a boot, so we get a very good compact sedan at very good price.

source- financial chronicle. News has to be genuine since its the first and opening news

Alto is a decades old model, so tinkering with it will make the AGED, even on the day of launch, where as A-Star is my favorite small car, thanks to it's handling, power and FE.

This A-Star CS is going to be the Cheapest and MOST FE compact sedan.

@tejas,

Since A-star has curved A pillar, this should look better than Dzire.creativebala2011-09-28 13:37:09

I have mentioned about Alto K10 and not Alto.

The front of A-Star is something that I feel is not appropriate for sedan whereas Alto K10's front is looking more appropriate for sedan. But it's my point of view. 

Anyway. Whatever Maruti is going to bring in will going to sell in good numbers.

I always liked the way A-star front looked.. it was hippie and was funny to look at like a mickey mouse..

So unless Maruthi does a 'Desire' job w.r.t its rear end , I guess it will be a good car to look at. ;)

@Bala: Dont you feel this will be a disaster? I was very uncomfortable sitting inside A-Star even  feels that Alto and 800 is more spacious than A-Star. I was shocked to see the production of A-Star in Maruti Manesar plant .It was 9000/Month and they have allocated 3000 for domestic market and 6000 for Export.

Now i am looking forward to see revised Ritz and Its sedan in 2012.

Why should it be a disaster? What this car solely miss is boot space, so the trunk will the answer for it, then comes interior space, for which they will carve the front seats as in Swift and make the rear seat better reclined as in DZire, so all these should make this a very good car.

A-Star car is only for nuclear families with parents and 1 or 2 kids. Totally agree that this with a boot is giong to be a disaster and makes no sense at all. Cant imagine why someone will buy this as thieir first car.