abhineet

Car for my parents

Hello Gurus

I am planning to gift a car to my parents this diwali, pls suggest based on the requirements below

Budget: 6.5L max
Type: Hatch or sedan both will do
Fuel: Diesel as monthly running is close to 1000km
Priority: Safety and convenience.

I have Ritz top model in my mind so far..

Thread moved.

BornFree2011-10-02 06:30:10

I would like to suggest a Swift Dezire if they will be chauffeur driven else wise you Should try a Nissan Micra (nicely loaded) or a Ford Figo (One of the segment leader). As with Rits I feel that you can get better cars within the same price. If your are keen on a car from Maruthi stable only you can then try Swift the top segment leader.

... but most of it is chauffeur driven.

Then, why not the new Vista ?  It has got bigger leg room and more

spacious in the back seat.  For the occassional drive your father may

indulge in, the new Vista may also be a good and a decent option.  The

lack of fineness etc., may not be an issue as the car will be driven mostly

by a driver.  Moreover, parts are relatively easy to get (not necessarily

in only Tata service centres) and cheaper too. 

Have a look at Brio. It may be smallest, but interior space is great, with great legroom. It will also save you a lot of money, since 1000km is in grey zone for diesel or petrol. You can get S option for around 5.5 lakh on road. It will also be huge step up in terms of quality and refinement from Alto.

Since you have safety as priority, I would point Ritz Diesel does not come with Airbags.

Ford Figo would not be a very good option. I have seen Figos that have done 15-20k kms in a very noisy condition.

For  Elderly people it is always better to choose Tall Boy model cars because of its seating position.Ritz VDi is good choice but getting delivery within a month time is little bit difficult.

If you are ok with Tata motors sales and after sale support have a look on Manza Quadrajet Aqua/Aura which is coming with Fiat 90 BHP Engine with more interior space.Recent ads shows that Tata motors has reduced the price of Manza and now it starts with 4.99L than 5.42L.

Ritz will be more economical in terms of running cost ,maintenance cost but Vista/Manza provide you more space even Manza has a wonderful back seat which may give you better comfort to your parents than bench like seat in Ritz.

Choice is yours, if you are not planning to give surprise to parents show them Ritz and Manza ,make them sit inside the car and take test drive,then ask them which give them more happy.

sanjithchandran2011-10-03 05:51:34

Thanks alot for the inputs, yeah I was planning a surprise but seems it is not a good idea, better to consider their choice, apparently my mom too has an opinion about cars :), so will talk to them and let all of you know what I got finally.

@Abhineet:

In my views you have already made the best choice and you really don't need the nod of anyone for that,just go to the dealer and get a good Ritz VDi ABS booked for your parents.Rest you can think of Swift VDi/ZDI in case your parents are chauffeur driven.

Rest you can also have a look at the new Hyundai Eon,although it will have a petrol powerplant but its small dimensions will be a boon for your parents.

The Ritz is a great choice and you have made the right decision . Ask for a TD from Maruti by your parents . Also please get the VDI with ABS and upgrade the tyre after the delivery asap to 185 profile .

How do I or We forgot Liva?

It has got lots of space, better green house effect, very reliable engine and a good AfSS. IMHO, it should be on par with Ritz, esp for elders.

Do take your Dad for a TD on both Ritz and Liva, I would suggest a Liva over Ritz as you have mentioned "Mostly Chauffered"