sanjithchandran

September 2011 Sales chart

Three Maruti Siblings shared podium after long time.Its celebration time for Vista and Bolero.Jazz sales has marginally inproved but not upto the mark.Only 1 Grand Vitara has sold in September compare to 17 CR-Vs and 1078 Fortuners.When Maruti and Honda will learn a lesson? Already 505 XUV 500S depatched to showrooms and by this time all 505 XUVs delivered to customers.Tata safari found 1937 customers in September.

Can the figure be more bifurcated for diesel and petrol versions e.g

Vista petrol,Vista Diesel ,Swift Petrol ,Swift diesel

and even Indica and Vista should be separated and similarly Indigo and Manza then there would be real comparision because sme models are in Petrol version only like i10.

How EON figure out in the sheet? It seems that the data shows billing to Dealers and not the real registration in country. I am sure TATA's figures would be much lesser than what is shown.. It seems that FIAT is dieing.. God save them, we need more cars from their pool ( Read Panda), but first the service issues be solved.

I think all car manufacturers should start showing petrol/diesel car sales figures separately.

This will depict true performance of a model and buyers would be able to take more informed decisions.

I think all car manufacturers should start showing petrol/diesel car sales figures separately.

This will depict true performance of a model and buyers would be able to take more informed decisions. 

How will that break-up help a buyer to decide which one to take ?  It will be useful for industry watchers or for auto enthusiasts like us.  Usually, a buyer

will buy depending upon his requirement and the money he has.  While his

requirement (using it for .... kms per month) will decide whether he needs a

petrol or a diesel car, his preparedness to pool and spend a certain amount

will decide which version of that car he will buy.  

What next to ask for ?  Color-wise break-up ?  And, state-wise break-up ?

@ramesh 'babu'

nowdays people's buying decision are very much influenced by these stats.

everyone is not that smart enough to make the decision himself/herself. otherwise there would not have been such herd mentality of buying diesel cars even if the requirement doesn't warrants it.

anyhow this is my personal opinion and quite simply you might as well respect it.

I also think that there should be separate figures for petrol and diesel cars ,as some cars are good in diesel version and some in petrol and some do not have diesel version .e.g Ford Figo its reputation for diesel version is good but for petrol model repo is not that good though interior features are same but performance is different .And these sales figures influence people lot because they many times simply buy vehicle because sale of that particular model is high  

@sanjithchandran : You have mentioned Hyundai EON in this list and it has already crossed 7000 unit in a month. Is it correct ?

Guys if this is true then are we not seeing a monster in A segment which is ready to eat everythinig?

Hyundai has shipped more than 7000 Eon to Dealerships. On 11th it will officially launch most probably on same day you will get delivery of the car in case you waiting list no is less than 8000.

Yes.Most probably it will get many probable Alto customers in its list.With its looks and Specs i feel it can pull minimum 12-15L customer/Month may be more than that.

TATA has issued an official statement that the sales of Nano have increased in the past 3 months,

most probably due to low down payment of Rs.15k and 20K discount on the car.

As per their issue the sales (invoice) chart is as follows:

July: 3,548

August: 6,451

September: 9,208

They even said that foot fall into showrooms has shown an upward trend with 35% converting to purchases.

Source: Deccan Chronicle, today, 06th Oct 2011.shanthanreddyp2011-10-06 16:10:02

XUV500 sales in the month of introduction is 76.6% higher than Aria

sales in the month of introduction (505 against 286). It is also 90.2%

of the highest ever monthly sales made by Aria (505 against 560), that

too after the recent price readjustment. Tata Aria is doomed.

I think Beat is eating more shares of Spark than its rivals (Spark buyers seem to be shifting to Beat). In other words, most of the Beat buyers are probably the ones who particularly want a Chevy hatchback.

Very sad to see the condition of Fiat. Its only selling a handful of cars, like a boutique shop.

Fiesta Classic sales have increased since the introduction of New Fiesta. smiley36.gif

I'm predicting sales of Yeti for October to be around 30.

Does anyone have the sales figure for Force One?

khatbhej2011-10-07 06:59:47

Diesel sales are more than petrol sales for obvious reasons.