scorpionragha

My all new FORD FIESTA tdci,KINETIC BLUE.

I have uploaded the image on imgur.com' date=' but after that I am confused as you can see above it is not working[/quote']

I think he scorpion is trying say something like this

Inside the Edit Post text area type following content:

[image]

" put your link here "

[/image]

@rssh

Thank you for posting image for me.

We bought this car in September 2011 and it is being used by one of my friend.

I drove this car quite few times and I felt the following

1. Its shape is really unique and looks fresh especially from side it just looks like a really American !!

2. I am bit disappointed with rear looks, mainly due to the break lamp area is too small, if it was little big then rear looks good. This applies to all the cars I feel.

3. Driving experience is very good, I touch 160kmph in this car and I just noticed the speed when looked into speedometer. So there is no vibration and it is so smooth cruising. Its cruise button is really impressive as when you set in a good highway you do not need to use your right leg and it return good fuel efficiency with consistent speed. Breaking is just perfect with good sized wheels and alloys.

4. AC and front component cluster is fresh and in-built ICE is good

5. I just felt that the rear seating is little cramped may be due that I use a Ritz.

6. FE is superb, in city with AC it gives 19-20kmpl and on highway it is 24-25kmpl. we tested this very precisely twice.

Overall its good car with its features, but only thing I felt not convincing was the price we paid for Titanium + around 13 Lakhs, which I felt very high

Any way I will share more photos very soon !!

Hi everyone,

Today i went to 3m car care,chennai.While i was on the way to car care centre, i was thinking whether to change window tint or not, i had 20% VLT global tints. Suddenly i was stopped by cop for the film. He told me to change the film to lighter one or to remove it entirely.I decided to go for the lighter window tint.

Options: 1.RE 70(VLT 70%, SOLAR ENERGY REDUCTION 34%,Rs.5600)

2.CS 50(VLT 51%, SOLAR ENERGY REDUCTION 33%,Rs 5100)

3.CR 70(VLT 70%, SOLAR ENERGY REDUCTION 50% Rs.16000)

Device for testing solar energy reduction: Amazed that the heat waves passing through the CR 70 was very less.

wYOMCl.jpg

Finally decided to go for RE 70.

First car was foam washed,

k3CqCl.jpg

Removed the old tint and its glue.

t1PiKl.jpg

Installed RE 70.For sides and rear.

MipQdl.jpg

Car was then polished and waxed.

p8fRvl.jpg

Some of compliments given by the 3m customers, added mine too, overall a good work.

CivYVl.jpg

I sunfilms are hardly noticable and also what was the cost of the film . Personally I not a fan of fiesta as a sedan and I admire the beauty covering the rear door onwards in the above photo .

Why didn't you get the CR70 in the windscreen?

I sunfilms are hardly noticable and also what was the cost of the film . Personally I not a fan of fiesta as a sedan and I admire the beauty covering the rear door onwards in the above photo .

Why didn't you get the CR70 in the windscreen?

This sun film RE 70 cost was Rs.5600(rear & front).

CR 70 for front wind shield cost Rs.7700. Thinking of fixing it later.

The CR70 is a must have film seriously when I was buying it I read really good comments about it and not only the film reject heat but it cuts down the glare by 30% atleast at night time and it is totally worth it . Also the Fiesta's front windscreen is big so it will definately help in cooling more easily .

Try to bargain for the film because I got it for my i20 for around 6k and just email 3M about your car and film they come to home and install them thus the commission of the dealer is reduced dramatically .

The CR70 is a must have film seriously when I was buying it I read really good comments about it and not only the film reject heat but it cuts down the glare by 30% atleast at night time and it is totally worth it . Also the Fiesta's front windscreen is big so it will definately help in cooling more easily .

Try to bargain for the film because I got it for my i20 for around 6k and just email 3M about your car and film they come to home and install them thus the commission of the dealer is reduced dramatically .

Thank you rssh for your idea regarding the installation of CR70 film.

I myself found the heat rejection of CR 70 film through the heat rejection tester.It was really amazing and worth it.

i will fix it later whenever i get proper time.

The Fiesta looks fantastic in that colour. It's the one I would've picked if I were to buy the Fiesta. What's your experience with the interior plastic/trims quality? I found it to be a little cheap/low quality when I test drove the car.

The Fiesta looks fantastic in that colour. It's the one I would've picked if I were to buy the Fiesta. What's your experience with the interior plastic/trims quality? I found it to be a little cheap/low quality when I test drove the car.

Personally i don't feel any problem with the quality. Though many say it looks cheap.The fit and finish of the interiors are excellent and no rattles till now.

Took my car to 3m car care,nungambakkam chennai. Since its nearly 1 year old i wanted to do some exterior treatment. Opted for 3m paint sealant program.

Q4A3Hl.jpg

My car after the treatment.

RSoJDl.jpg

Swirl marks now invisible.

jzFT9l.jpg

The bill amount was nearly Rs.5000.

Given my car at Chennai ford, arumbakkam for service 30000kms today.

Problems.

1.steering wheel noise, while turning at low speed & idle.(tak tak noise).

2.some vibrating plastic noise near driver side dashboard when car goes over bad roads.

Will get the car tomorrow.

This vibrating plastic noise has become a big problem, it took nearly a day for service persons to find out from where its coming.

Its coming below right side of windscreen. Since its a new problem they have encountered in new fiesta, they have sent a report to ford india. Some technicians from ford factory will come and see my car to fix it.

They said it will take another 4-5 days.

Eagerly waiting for the problem to be corrected & to take delivery of my car.

Got call from ford service centre, informed me that guys from ford company saw my car & found the plasticy noise originating from bonnet & they aligned the bonnet slightly and now there is no noise. They will test ride my car for confirmation & give it to me on Monday.

He said they lubricated steering shaft & the noise has disappeared, I have told them, they did same thing in last service but the noise appeared after 5000kms. Told them replace the steering shaft, they have agreed to do so under warranty.

Waiting for the car.

Hi everyone,

Got my car from 30000km service after nearly 1 week due to the above mentioned problem.

Amount paid for service Rs 8231.

Y4sypl.jpg

eYynal.jpg

Problems rectified:

1. steering shaft noise - Replaced the steering shaft under warranty.Now its free from any noise and very smooth.

2. vibrating plastic noise -Actually they said it is arising from the hood and they realigned it & noise has gone, they also said that the vehicle is under observation & told me to bring the vehicle if it occurs.

Problems faced after service:

1.The next day when i started my car this warning appeared.

1SyA5l.jpg

423V2l.jpg

Refered the manual immediately. it showed.

MX2CKl.jpg

Took the car to service station, they said the sensor might have a problem, they reset the sensor, now not an issue.

2.They have broken this square part(below the music system & above climate control)while removing the dash board.Temporarily they have fixed it with glue. They said they will replace it free of cost & placed an order for that part.

TpZwVl.jpg

3.The hood is not symmetrically aligned, its pushed slightly towards the right.

4.The vibrating plastic noise is present still (lesser intenstiy) when the car goes over potholes. I personally think it is arising form the dash board and not due to hood.Will have to check it later when i am free..

Tyres are worn out, have to replace it when i go to chennai.

These are yoko c-drives. Kilometers done on these tyres nearly 35000. Most of them are regular highway drives.All 4 tyres are worn out evenly. I do tyre rotation regularly. Encountered a puncture each in two tyres, other two tyres puncture free. My ratings of this tyre is 8/10. I recommend this tyre. These tyres offer excellent grip in wet & dry conditions, high speed drives on empty highways.

I want to try different set of tyres this time, since i had these tyres both on my Fiat punto(sold) & this car.

8i6aWQ3l.jpg

Now i have 2 tyre options. size 195/60 r15.

1.Bridgestone MY02.

2.Yokohama db v550.

Guys your suggestions please for the best tyre in this size....

@scorpionragha: Nice to see such a detailed review once again. I just noticed that last year you installed sun protection films on your car. I just wonder, don't you face any problem from cops as recent supreme court guidelines are totally against of any such films?

Do please share.

I see a lot of juice remaining in your tyres , why do you want to change them ? A few punctures (two) in your case and with no abnormal tear and no riding discomfort in no way amount for a tyre change

No need for a tyre change in my view , they can do you much more service

Thanks for the updates on your car. Apart from what you mentioned, have you considered the Michelins as well?

@scorpionragha: Nice to see such a detailed review once again. I just noticed that last year you installed sun protection films on your car. I just wonder, don't you face any problem from cops as recent supreme court guidelines are totally against of any such films?

Do please share.

I see a lot of juice remaining in your tyres , why do you want to change them ? A few punctures (two) in your case and with no abnormal tear and no riding discomfort in no way amount for a tyre change

No need for a tyre change in my view , they can do you much more service

@prancing horse- Michelin Primacy LC is available in that size but There are many reporting side wall damage, so afraid a bit, apart from that these tyres offer good grip & wear resistant.

@Sstar- My sun film is RE 70 from 3m. Its almost transparent, Only once a cop stopped me in 10 months and he immediately allowed me to go as it was easily visible for him to see inside.

@Librankur- Actually the tyres are worn out completely on the inside, also the tyre change indicator mark is almost in level with the threads. I feel some amount of nervousness in braking at triple digit speeds. But at low speeds its good.