rssh

CAPTIVA vs SANTA FE!!!

Chevorlet Captiva and Hyundai Santa Fe are shortly going to be launched here bith will come in Diesel trim .Captiva with 2.0lt and Santa Fe with 2.2lt with an identical 148bhp. Santa Fe will be costlier by 2lakhs . The FE of the both cars will be the same .Captiva with its good warranty offering and Santa Fe with good services so which will be in the lead .

I like the Captiva better than Santa Fe because it look mature while Santa Fe with swalloon eyes.smiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

reviews about the Captiva definitely slot it as better than the Santa Fe which may land up at the showroom beside the Sonata with a huge discount tag , a year from the date of its launch. But can't predict it that way. See the fate of the Logan- it revived Renault from sinking in many markets but has piled up huge inventories here at Nashik with a 30 to 40 % production cut during December 2007.

Right Guys,,, Ive been planning to upgrade my SUV from A scorpio for

the past 6 months. I was waited for the Ford Endeavour (Still my

choice).. Then the Maruti Grand Vitara.. A big let down by the Petrol

Engine and 5 seater. The next was Tata Safari 2.2... Well much

improved...but looks dated. Ten came along Scorpio Hawk....Well the

seats are as cramped as before (The reason i wanted to upgrade)...THen

finaly came the Captiva....Quite a good vehicle...but a little bit

overpriced and too much near the Honda CRV. I definitely would have

gone in for a CRV if my town had a dealer.

I live in a remote part of the country and my SUV has to take allot of

abuse everyday and needs to work like a donkey in broken roads...

Finally now i have driven the Santa Fe once in Bhutan and is a Cool

SUV. But Huyndai pricing it 2 lacs over the Captiva would be

foolish...Its a Hyundai after all and tnot worthy of its Badge. Its

like trying to compare a Hyundai Accent with the Honda City.,,,THe city

has attitude and very reliable and very good resale.

Well guys i'm gonna wait till the end of March before i decide on what

i wanna buy.... THe Mitbushi Outlander Seems good too. The ironic thing

for me is My frineds Pay as little as Rs. 9 lacs for the Hyundai Santa

Fe (Bhutan is just 80 miles from where i live) ....

Let me have your comments PLease

Well Wait for the Captiva to come in 4X4 version .The Safari will be best bet for you as its a good offroader and has enough value .Endeavor's spare is costlier so avoid it.

captiva is my choice of suv given its diesel engine,looks,interiors....but @SATYAM,it would be prudent if go in for a locally made suv since you get proper services and also a lot economical to run. resale is better , spares easily available....happy choosingsmiley1.gif

@ satyam

i wud say dat if u can afford the exra 2 lacs nd da extra running costs of petrol(remember its gonna b 50 bucks/ltr soon) then i wud say that going for the cr-v wud b the better option.does'nt matter if the service centre is a few kms away!u get a honda rite?plus u can make up for the expense of goin to the service centre wen selling the car!!!it has much better resale value!!

but like i've always sed,it wud be a wise decision to delay purchases of cars costing above 14 lacs till march!coz da union budget cums out in feb nd it has a high possibility of including a drop in import duty or excise duty or wateva they call uit!it  cud save you a couple of lacs!!!!!THINK PPL THINK!!quick guys !!all on ur knees nd pray dat mr.chidambaram makes a wise decision!

thank u all for sharing your viewes and advices. As u advised me I think I will wait till March until the next budget... Who knows right... Wish the government had a heart and slashed down the taxes for imported stuffs!!!

there is high chance they will coz the time alloted by the WTO to do so is close to an end.its inevitable.they have to do it within 2 yrs time ....max.but then we mightl hav to wait for 2 freakin yrs for it!!!!!grrrrr.........lets hope they do it this yr itself!!!smiley19.gif