darshanm

My new Vento TDI Highline

Dear all,

I got my Vento last month. Its been just over 35 days. Here is my experience of the car:

The Bad: Rear ac vents are kind of useless. Missing aux/usb in music system. The centre floor channel is pretty high (rear). No manual locks from inside. Rear seats a bit upright. No steering mounted controls. Front armrest blocks the reach to handbrakes and the seatbelt buckle. The clutch feels a bit hard, thus legs ache sumtimes while driving through bad traffic. Not getting much used to putting gear in reverse. White colour of my car is difficult to maintain everyday.

The good: I love the way it looks. The cabin feels airy and big. Front seats really comfy. Good AC, speakers. Steering is light and the response is good. Good pick up from rest. And good acceleration in any gear once you floor the pedal. The combination and variety of lights used for lighting up the display and buttons looks good at night (blue, white, red, orange etc.). The plastics used in the car feel of a good quality. Good noise reduction in cabin. Good Mileage (12-13kmpl overall). Keys are easy to use and manage. The info display could have been larger. Armrests, both front and rear add great comfort.

The Best: I feel its a reeaallly stable car. High speeds also I feel confident to drive this car, does not feel it'll loose grip of the road easily. Good absorption of bumps. Great visibility. The lamps for the rear passengers are ideally placed. The car feels like a fantastic art of engineering. Boot space is X-large. Auto up and down for all 4 power windows. Pinch Guard for all windows.

I can remember only this much right now. will update as much i can recollect.

Darshan

Congrats on the Vento TDI Highline. Had you waited a few days longer you would have got the USB and Aux in, coz I think VW has added these features, now. Ask VW if they can add these features in your car. Have a great time with the 'Wind' from VW and post some pics too.

hi' date=' can any one help me with this- I have a Vento highline. Isn't it supposed to have chrome on its steering wheel except for the logo part?[/quote']

Yes, off course.

As Vento Highline always came with Chrome element on the base of its Central steering spoke.

But its few batches, 3-4 months back came without it & without Chrome lined Headlamp operating knob.

Do share the pic of steering of your car.

Do check it out or Ask the dealer for a proper part or mail your query to both VW-India & VW-Germany.