anjan_c2007

Fancy Car Numbers (FCN) Yes , No or Cannot Say??

Thumbs Up or Down or cannot Say for fancy Car Numbers!  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Thumbs Up or Down or cannot Say for fancy Car Numbers!

I have always been crazy for fancy numbers but have mellowed down now a bit. Since I 've realised that premiums are charged these days officially by transport authorities and the fact that we change our cars, bikes and scooters, due to the shorter life-cycle these days.

I like them in part like my  possessions now have 3444, 8586 and 20.The earlier ones had (I really miss them) 1515, 3500, 1555, 7272 and 4848. My old car bought, second hand in 2003 (1955 model Landmaster) has BYJ 276 (Bombay State) on its number plate. 

I won't mind fancy numbers. But with the heavy charges levied for these by the RTO' date=' my vote goes for no.[/quote']

Yes in A.P. numbers are auctioned. In Maharashtra a fancy number (incl 786) costs Rs 10,000 for cars and Rs 5000 for two wheelers.All this is official. In the U.K. these fancy number plates are available with authorised private agencies. They charge the designated fee. Number plates can be officially passed on from one car to another preferably by the same owner. Even in the U.S. fancy numbers mean big business and state laws are applicable. They can be customised to take the owners initials followed by digits of choice and so on.

In Mangalore if you get the chance in same alphabet series you got to pay 7 - 8k rs if te number not available in the Same series you ggot to pay 25k rs , well some Mangalore Crazy number freakies go and get registered thier car some where in North Karnataka like KA 47 , KA 52 and all those places for the sake of number as these number not avaible here even paid 25k rs

Regards,

priya

Yes i too love fancy numbers like 9999 and all those kind of numbers but it pays heavily to have it , but not worth for above 7k , previously we could have bribed the RTO for 1k rs and get the number in that days List say from 2022 - 2035 , if it come sin todays and if i want 2025 and if it isnt booked for 7k rs then i can book it for 1k rs by birbing thr RTO officials but sadly that has been stopped from over an year after a serious Lokayuktha Raid and these RTO officers dont dare to take bribes and we get whichever number they give

Cheers

recently RTO has again opened registration of VIP numbers. like9999 and charge an official fees like for 9999 say 25,000 similarly different rates have been set up for other nos. like single digit and double digit etc.( read this times of india a week ago).

definetly fancy nos. i would prefer the Us style nos plates though where alphabets and numbers are used together. seen some really fancy ones with the desi's out there "Mayura", "Vick5 or Vickys" really cool. recently there is craze in maharashtra to bend the nos in such a way as to form some marathi word. e.g. 7171 is written as "nana" in marathi where as 4141 becomes "dada". 8055 is lettered as BOSS using different fonts. have to say hats off to there creativity.

The other day I was reading a true story. Hon'ble M.G. Ramachandran,the revered CM of Tamil Nadu, used a blue Amby Mark 4 during his last days. On one birthday a supporter gifted him an Amby with the number MGR 7777 painted on its licence plate. Later on it was found that the number is simply painted and not registered. TN Govt officials worked overtime and located the RTO which could legalise this registration.It was a series MGR located in Raigad, Western Maharashtra. The TN Govt officials visited the place and got the papers for the car.