asdf

Need help buying a petrol hatch under 5 l

Within your budget and options VW Polo Seems to be the best choice but if you want to opt for the latest and for peppy ride Honda Brio can be preferred.

You can also consider

New Vista  , 

Punto  , 

New Wagon R  ,

Nissan Micra ,

New Swift (if you stretch your budget a little)

Also if you check at Maruti showroom you may get a nice deal on Brand new old Swift.

In my opinion,the Brio should be god for you!..its well priced,reasonably equipped,and spacious to say the least!,and then.. there's that gem of a VTEC waiting for you1...smiley4.gif..the I10 would also be good1

For your budget as well as your need, nothing comes close to BRIO.

It a Honda, its peppy, its roomy, its interiors are good, fit and finish are perfect, so take off every other choice from your mind.

And if you still need choice, the next best is Ritz and next comes Beat D. Do TD both of these cars once before finalizing.

@bala

I've always had a MSIL car, the other one that i own is a swift and this time i am somehow keen on owning something other than a Maruti. I do like the Brio so far and will definitely TD Beat D before finalizing.

By the way should i book a new one right away or wait till December?

@asdf-well,I have a City!..and let me tell you these VTEC thngy's are absolute gems!..awesome performance..superb mileage..and the refinement!..ahh! the refinement!.You won't be able to hear the engine even when outside the car!. I think the Brio won't be any different!..and moreover..it's 90 BHP in a small car baby!..it would be a rocket![:D]

Well based on the discussions yesterday, I did visit a Honda dealership close to my place and I must say that the car looks even better than what it does in all the pics posted around, ohh and the interiors i must say look good too. I checked out both the S MT and the V MT variants and somehow liked the S MT because it has just about everything one might need. Well the sad part is that there are no discounts/offers whatsoever and if i book it today, will have to wait for 2 months for the delivery.

hi all,

i am also confused between two cars Hyundai I10 magna on road price 4.35 after buying integrated music system it costs around 4.47 and honda brio S MT onroad price 4.84 (no discounts) and delievery will be given in november if i book right now. Have taken TD of brio and power steering is really smooth but boot space is just 175 liter and that too vertical. not sure about mileage but after reading test results (auto car and override) they quote it to be 14-15 city and around 20 highway. not sure about mileage of kappa2 which company and other people quote its better than kappa1.. Need you suggestions as i have to book car in this week so that i don't miss diwali discounts on I10 or brio delievery in november.

@asdf & SajayS

As Brio is a newly launched car, you can't expect much discounts on it.

Hondas are known to have the most efficient and refined engines in whichever segment they are in. Brio is not an exception. The different between Hondas quality and Hyundais is quite visible too.

What you need to decide is how important is bootspace to you. If it is very important, go for i10, else its Brio all the way.

Its better to wait for a month or two, than to have "what if" questions later on.

@Rahul,

Thanks buddy but yes i agree with you on honda quality, Brio's engine was silent and drive was very smooth and soft. Boot space is not much of a concern but FE is. I have accent and it gives 10-12 in city if driven in economy mode 60-80 kmph. i hope brio gives at-least 14-15

@durango,

Liva is nice car in terms of engine but Toyota has compromised a lot on quality (don't want to offend any liva owner).

@dd

I somehow dont seem to like the over all look and feel of the Etios Liva, besides that in-case of a Brio, I'll be paying less for features that I am looking forward to have in my next car and not that Liva doesnt offers the same but it'll make me pay a lot more for the same. Since I mentioned at the very beginning of this thread that the car will be mostly for city use so boot space is not something that I am too concerned about. I must also mention that even if i go by the looks, the Brio looks way better that what the Liva does, infact it looked better than what i had expected it to be.