Sign in to follow this  
sskanna78

Suggest Good car

Hi all,

I am going to buy a car for my family which consists of 6 persons. As my daily drive should be not less than 55KM and also occasionally drive in highway. Mostly me and my wife will drive. My budget is 6 to 7 lakhs with loan option. Please suggest diesel or petrol variant.

My first thought was swift but now I am not interested to buy the new swift design and also the waiting period. Then my thought little bit stick into Tata Manza diesel.smiley1.gifsmiley1.gifsmiley1.gif Please suggest me

smiley1.gif

If you need a car to accommodate 6 people I don't think a sedan will fit the bill. If you could stretch a little I suppose you could go for a Xylo or if you are willing to wait a bit you should probably wait for the Ertiga.

Thanks CreativeBala for the suggestion. I resubmit my query.

My Budget - Rs 6 to 7.5 L

Kms driven monthly - 1300 kms

Bodyshell - Hatch/ Sedan

City/Highway split - 85:15

Max No.of Passangers - 5 most of the time  

Boot space Importance - Medium

Usage by - normal (age 30) & Lady

Ownership - Chennai City

Safety -High

Prime requirement - Ride, Handling, FE &Passenger Comfort

Softcorner'd Manufacturer -Tata Manza.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

If you are not looking for a MUV/SUV and if your trying to squeeze in 6 people in a sedan then it would have to be the Manza. Since the Manza is very spacious inside. I am assuming that not all 6 are adults. Its actually pretty underrated in the market. The Manza is a product which offers very good value for money. Please note that it may not be legal to take 6 people in a vehicle designated to carry only 5.

@sskanna,

Manza is a very good car with loads of space, MJD, good interiors.... etc, but is still a Tata which will have some small niggles which will make First time Tata buyers to hate it to the core, so if you are OK with Tata After sales and smaller niggles, go for Manza,

If you want a perfect( but for its looks) spacious sedan with good ride, handling, FE, engine, AfSS, Reliability,..etc you have ETIOS SEDAN. Do take a TD of this before finalising,

And IF YOUR MONTHLY TRAVEL< 1000Kms, drop the above option and go for Honda JAZZ. Its spacious, FE and its a HONDA.