Which is best ..OptraMagnum/Scorpio

I am a driving lover and used to go long monthly once along with my family (small).I am looking for DrivingComfort, Rear seat comfort and Good Highway drive vehicle (consider bumpy road also).

I am confused to go for a SEDAN / SUV (OptraMagnum / Scorpio). Please help me.

Thanks

scorpio is a great driver's car, but comparing it to a saloon is not fair. you can compare it with other SUVs. cos for driving comfort, a saloon will be a saloon. if you have a small family, go for the optra.

buy the scorpio only if you have to seat more than 5 or if you like the high seating position.

I am a driving lover and used to go long monthly once along with my family (small).I am looking for DrivingComfort' date=' Rear seat comfort and Good Highway drive vehicle?(consider?bumpy road also).

I am confused?to go for a SEDAN / SUV?(OptraMagnum / Scorpio). Please help me.

?

Thanks
[/quote']

If you are looking for a car, the Magnum with its torquey engine is an excellent choice, otherwise for bumpy roads, also do consider Innova which has an excellent ride quality and is extremely reliable vehicle as well.

I'd recommend you a Scorpio any day if you want to be called the owner of a piece of junk after a few months.?Scorpio: All show' date=' no go!?

[/quote']

Oh man..........you are now done for. At your peril my friend. smiley1.gif I do agree, its all show, after a year of use, it starts showing its truel color, front tire wear is the norm, rattles, various electrical failures, the pesky FI heater failures are all quite common on Scorpios.

@gurkha we know you are hate Scorpio .

There a rule a saloon ismore comfortable than SUV.

Not just comfort is the question here. Rideability, maintenance also count. The fact is that the Scorpio no longer fits the category of a car after about an year of use (more like a wreck), while even the meekest-looking hatches give a much more satisfying performance. Quality is where M&M and Tata have reputations that are better not talked about.

?

I will be the first to buy the Scorpio and with pride when and if it will ever equal Innova's attributes in every sense.

I will be the first to buy the Scorpio and with pride when and if it will ever equal Innova's attributes in every sense.

If you're serious, you'll never buy one.
saladin2008-01-02 17:05:53

?

If you're serious' date=' you'll never buy one.
[/quote']

Seriously,do you really think it will ever come close to Innova?

yeh Magnum is the bst sutiable choice and much peppey and better than the scorpio , well if you are considering the MUV then the Innova will be a better choice or else stick to the optra magnum diesel

Cheerssmiley20.gif

hey forum members, wait a sec. what Mr. autocar asked was to help him out with his choice and that was between the optra magnum and scorpio. he was not asking about the best diesel car in the segment or the most reliable car... so lets just help him out with his choices and not ours...

hey forum members' date=' wait a sec. what Mr. autocar asked was to help him out with his choice and that was between the optra magnum and scorpio. he was not asking about the best diesel car in the segment or the most reliable car... so lets just help him out with his choices and not ours... [/quote']

Man thats what i did , i helped with the choices given i said it will be muh better to go for the Optra mAgnum rather than for going for the Scorpio .

And i provide the best cars in his selected choices and do you mean to select the worse for him?????

Cheerssmiley20.gif

in fact, just for gurkha. i know how much u hate the scorpio and how u like the innova, basically toyota. isnt that the reason u sent me a PM giving explanations as to how toyota makes better cars than benz and BMW... but pls dont allow your personal opinions to reflect in the forum. lets just compare the scorpio and optra in this thread atleast. thanks.

hey forum members' date=' wait a sec. what Mr. autocar asked was to help him out with his choice and that was between the optra magnum and scorpio. he was not asking about the best diesel car in the segment or the most reliable car... so lets just help him out with his choices and not ours... [/quote']

We did............. smiley1.gif

Told him to go for the Magnum.

just 1 thing i cant understand is, if the scorpio is such a big piece of junk or crap as you say, is the whole of india gone crazy to spend 9-10 lakhs of their hard earned money on it. statistics say a scorpio sells close to 4000-4500 units every month, just 200-300 units shy of the innova, its competitor. so do you mean every month there are 4000 guys in india who cant think of any good way to dispose thei excessr money and so they invest in a "crap" like scorpio...   smiley24.gif

Note From Admin: Kindly refrain from bringing in the Scorpio into every thread.
FuelRunGod2008-01-03 08:09:47

in fact' date=' just for gurkha. i know how much u hate the scorpio and how u like the innova, basically toyota.?isnt that the reason u sent me a PM giving explanations as to how toyota makes better cars than benz and BMW... but pls dont allow your personal opinions to reflect in the forum. lets just compare the scorpio and optra in this thread atleast. thanks.[/quote']

I replied to your PM when you sent me a lets not fight YAAR PM. Of course, I stand behind my contention that Innova is a far superior platform, but out here I have given my choice for Magnum, not Innova so whats your problem here?

just 1 thing i cant understand is' date=' if the scorpio is such a big piece of junk or crap as you say, is the whole of india gone crazy to spend 9-10 lakhs of their hard earned money on it. statistics say a scorpio sells close to 4000-4500 units every month, just 200-300 units shy of the innova, its competitor. so do you mean?every month there are 4000 guys in india who cant think of any good way to dispose thei excessr money and so they invest in a "crap" like scorpio...?? smiley24.gif

?

Note From Admin: Kindly refrain from bringing in the Scorpio into every thread.
[/quote']

Where do you get this fact, last I checked, the educated and wiser south gives 37% of market share to Innova and now even the north is changing and last month, the Innova's share in north was a whopping 32%.

Its also about choice, some don't really care for value or reliability and have enough money to buy a Scorpio and dispose it off and buy another one. Scorpio also fills a niche where no other choice is there the price range just like the Tempo Traveller does. The Scorpio is SUV where the Innova is MUV and yet, Automobile magazine recommended the Innova and not the Scorpio for rural areas due to Innova's excellent suspension and overall body rigidity.

for such facts, check any issue of autocar india or watch NDTV.... u'll get an idea...

n its not "some" buddy, its a whole lot of 4000 humans...!!! so you mean there are 4000 crazy people every month who has no idea what he is doing with his 10 lakhs.... accept it or not buddy, many indians really like the scorpio, maybe more or maybe less than the innova. but its sales figures show its no crap... indians are very value conscious and smart and no manufacturer can offer a crap to them and survive...

n who said the scorpio has no competitors, its competitors are safari, tavera and innova. now please dont say that the innova is in a diffeent league and cant be compared with junks, we have heard that enough, only that...!!!