Anand Sivaraj

Renault Pulse: now Launched

The car shown in the Concept car pictures looks good & cute enough to be a Renault for India.

But, after Driving Nissan Micra dCi(Diesel), many times what I can only say is that its Age-Old 1.5l, 64PS K9K dCi Diesel engine is pathetic in its Noise levels.

Even for Logan sedan, it worked but they're considerably very high for a Cute V-platform based hatchbacks & are better suited to a Matadoor or a LCV(as per my friend).

Due to its heavy hoarse thrum, you'll always get the feeling that you're sitting in a car powered with 10-15 year Old engine.

So, Renault-Nissan it'd be a better thing, if you'll introduce a Relatively better version of this engine with Softer engine note(especially for Sunny sedan & Renault hatchback) or Do serve us with some New-Gen dCi engine with even better characteristics.

The Pulse has been launched,it looks similar to the Micra apart from a different bumper.

I don't know how to upload the picture here so no photos,Search Nisan Pulse on twitter to see the only photo available or wait for tomorrows papers to see it.

Renault India is going with 'Play Safe' strategy for India.

As Micra has already got successful in establishing herself as a good alternative player to Swift(especially where Nissan dealerships are available).

Now rather than picking separate Product, Vendors n other localization menaces Renault have done 'EDIT' & 'PASTE' job like Skoda've done with VW's Vento & made it Rapid.

What remains to seen in both the cases is the Pricing.

Though VW products always be at the premium as compared to Skoda, Now see how Renault-Nissan strategy shapes up.

IMHO, Its the feature mess(ABS, Start-stop button, etc features) which will separate these inborn twins.

dr_nishu2011-10-29 17:29:42

Its very bad trendcatching up in our country.First it was booted up hatchbacks a trend started by Tata with Indigio in 2003 , now the trend of launching badge engineered car by VW and Renault.- I am very disappointed indeed.

For MSIL bashers who criticzed MSIL for launching old products - why no harsh words for Skoda Rapide or this renault pulse?

Badge enginnered cars bring bad name to both the vehicle and company and the history is full of these lacklustre cars to name a few - Cadillac cimarron , a chevrolet based car, 1970s Buick skyhawk based on  chevrolet monza fastback.

It seems Renault hasn't learned it lesson and is taking Indian customer for granted

Just another micra with new head lamps and tail lamps. Front looks more like Hyundai i10, renault could've come up with an innovative product, but no wrong in making another cosmetic job with micra, because in India we've same diesel engines(1.3fiat and 1.5renault) running across different cars and VW and Skoda just differs in badges and its is successfully accepted by the customers.

So Nissan might have a dent in their sales charts. Hope Renault price it aggressively and increase their dealer network and service centers.

Why Renault not bringing Cilo here to India guys i want answers?

Anand Sivaraj2011-10-30 16:41:17

My guess is that, prices will be very similar to that of micra. How can someone drastically reduce prices of identical parts. Since both cars share everything similar, price difference will be nil or negligible.

Even I thought that this would be a small car, rather than a mid hatch. If this is what is for winter 2011, then what is the other hatch for 2012 summer ? Clio ? Or will this be only diesel and that would be only petrol ? I guess the next one will be a genuinely new product with renault genes.

Renault needs to have many dealership and service centers to sell a small car. Will be nice to see if Nissan is given the authority to service.

Looking at these pics...it is 90 to 95% MICRA from outside and I am sure same will be the case with interiors as well.

I have a question here: Why would someone buy a "Look a Like" car from a company which has very less presence in market? Why not the Original one to buy out instead of a "Look a Like"? And that is too if the PULSE is priced just same/higher to Nissan MICRA?
Sstar2011-10-31 12:55:28

Renault doing a badge engineering in India. They must have gone mad. How stupid to do such a thing in our market which is already full of original stuff. Fakes may work elsewhere with Renault's reach (?) and support in other markets, but not in India. If they had continued their tie-up with Mahindras, this Micra-clone would have found some buyers, who would have given more credence to Mahindra's service support than the capability and reach of Renault. In these days when we are finding it difficult to get parts/spares for even established models/variants, doing this sort of job will not get more customers for Renault. They have committed a mistake. It would have been better if they had a Fiat-Tata like tie-up with Nissan for sharing of showroom space and servicing setup. Let us see the outcome and wait for the market to respond. I am not happy with this badge engineering concept. Especially, in our market.

IMHO keeping everything else same namely engine, interiors, exterior etc. and with the slight cosmetic changes that Renault has done, atleast for me it does'nt make sense going for a Micra look-a-like.

Just another micra with new head lamps and tail lamps. Front looks more like Hyundai i10' date=' renault could've come up with an innovative product, but no wrong in making another cosmetic job with micra, because in India we've same diesel engines(1.3fiat and 1.5renault) running across different cars and VW and Skoda just differs in badges and its is successfully accepted by the customers.So Nissan might have a dent in their sales charts. Hope Renault price it aggressively and increase their dealer network and service centers.Why Renault not bringing Cilo here to India guys i want answers?

[/quote']

A new Clio will be launched in 2012, very different from today. I think that Renault would rather wait for the new model.

Surprising this new Pulse but it looks too much like the Micra for me! I think that here the Renault Pulse could sell better than the Nissan but it will never be sold...

Furthermore, the Renault Pulse offers a diesel option while the Micra is sold here only with petrol engines... smiley29.gifguiguiswiss2011-11-04 14:33:21

Pulse is an improved Micra and what Renault and Nissan should be doing is just like what Tata and Fiat are doing i.e. to share the showrooms and service stations.

This will build confidence in customers and also customer will get options to choose from.

Pulse seems to be more driver's car as in the pics the suspension is raised and looks like it has more stiff setup than Micra. Also we can expect more fuel economy in Pulse than Micra as Nissan focuses more on smoothness and driving pleasure whereas Renault is more focused on providing better fuel economy so though the engines are same in Pulse and Micra tuning will be different.

With the launch of Pulse Renault is expanding it's footprints and indicating long term plans in India.

We talk about it!

dsc03409w.jpg

Home made translation... smiley9.gif

"The Renault that you will never have"

The small Pulse (a Micra with a redesigned front panel) is reserved for the Indian market, where it will be produced as his Japanese cousin. For its launch in January 2012, it will get a diesel 1.5 dCi 65hp, because 30% of Indians are prefer diesel cars. Renault positions its Pulse among the most expensive city cars (competition is high : Maruti Swift, Hyundai i10, Honda Brio, Ford Figo...), therefor it's very well equipped. Estimated price : 625000inr, about 9300