Sign in to follow this  
sham

Help with alloys

Hi all,

I have a Black punto for which I plan to fit 15" alloys..( I've up-sized from 14" already.)

Here are a few concerns..

Which brand should I buy?

So far I've visited about 3-4 guys and everyone has a different brand..worst part is that everyone says that what they have is the best.

I've looked at Aura, HR, SS, ENKEI, BBS, OZ, and may more..

Unlike other things there is no way to find out which one is best.(or least better than the rest)

What I've been able to find out thus far at least is that alloys with at least 5-6 spokes are recommended as it provides better torsional rigidity as a whole.

I"m basically looking for alloys that are

1.)strong

2.) rigid

3.) "Very Reliable" 

My budget is 17k, But i stretch to 20k max

PS:: If there are any other brands that offer better quality please let me know..

Again, I'd like to mention I know just as much about choosing alloys as does our politicians about Engineering ;-)

@Sham:

Even I too have the same amount of knowledge about alloys as much you have but still I am using Aura alloys on my i10 and BBS(I bought them used)on my Innova and I myself don't know which is better but both have taken some real beating but are working quite well.

Aura does not make alloys anymore. If any dealer stocks aura, either they are very very old, or fake.

OZ and BBS should be super costly. For your budget, you can try Lenso, HR, League, plati or Apollo wheels (momo cross). Neo is the cheapest I guess.

It would be very tough to say which is the best alloy, but the above mentioned alloys do have very good service in India.

@Sb Alto:

You may be correct,the rims I have on my i10 can be fake,they have a good A on the center and were bought in 2009(please confirm if they are fake).

What I have noticed is that the rims costed me at just 5200 per piece saying that they have 60% discount but I am now a days doubtful as their finishing and detailing is quiet lost,while the second-hand BBS on my Innova(at 4000 per piece) are still good while they are more than 7 years old.

Rs5200 per piece for an Aura 13'' i10 alloys ? 

smiley3.gif. And thats at 60% discount ?

What were the alloys made of ? Gold ?

The entire set should not have crossed anything more than 14 thousand (including the spare). In 2009 Aura had stock. So it may not be fake but you have sure been ripped off. Can you post some pictures ?

Definitely,I'll be posting the pictures as soon as I get the time or the next time I login.

But yes,one thing that makes me happy is that the alloys haven't lost their full black finishing,but have lost some edges and a quiet detailing of them.

It may be possible that the guy had ripped me off too,because that time I was in 12th,asked him to show the best piece he has irrespective of the price and accepted the price he quoted once.That means the dangerous recipie was made by me only.

An alloy wheel will be lighter than the other type of alloy wheel of the same size, which increases the vehicle's ride and handling as there is less weight bouncing around for the suspension to deal with and as there is less less weight.