Sign in to follow this  
abhigtr

chevrolet cruze

Hi all its been a long time since i have posted .guys i have booked my chevrolet cruze ltz from a new dealership khiviraj motors in chennai . Payed the booking advance .The color we have choosen is velvet red and the dealer has promised to dispatch the car in 5 days since we are ready with the full payment and the color is readily available . Here comes the problem the dealer has sent me the VIN number of the car and i have used team bhp vin decoder and to my shock smiley3.gif the car has been manufactured in the month of JUNE 2011 .Is it safe to take delivery of a 5 month old car that's been lying in their stock yard for 1 month . please provide your valuable feedback on this issue .Will be going to dealer tomorrow to sort out the problem.

smiley1.gif which colors do you think looks sexy on the cruze apart from black and white since both colors are hard to maintain and i know black is the sexiest of the lot .but all car owners know the risk involved .which color do you rate the next looker after black and white

The color we have choosen is velvet red and the dealer has promised to dispatch the car in 5 days since we are ready with the full payment and the color is readily available . Here comes the problem the dealer has sent me the VIN number of the car and i have used team bhp vin decoder and to my shock smiley3.gif the car has been manufactured in the month of JUNE 2011 .Is it safe to take delivery of a 5 month old car that's been lying in their stock yard for 1 month .

Do check out the VIN & manufacturing date/month of the car once again.

That CRUZE might be an old one due to the Rarity of the Velvet Red color' date=' as the latter is Rarely demanded color.

Do check the condition of the car & do its PDI carefully.

Rest all factors(warranty, etc) varies as per the Invoice date of the car.

One thing which you MUST CHECK OUT in that car is the, Interior color as previously CRUZE came with 'Light-Dark Grey combo' Interiors while later on it was Introduced with 'All Black Interiors'. Opt for the latter only.

smiley1.gif which colors do you think looks sexy on the cruze apart from black and white since both colors are hard to maintain

I think after Black & White, Red is really the gorgeous looking color, reflecting one's Aggression, Energy & Passion towards the product.dr_nishu2011-10-28 19:16:51

@dr_Nishu appreciate your views and i have thoroughly checked the vin nos its a july 2011 model . The dealer says that we ll get only jun/jul models maximum since the have been sent from Chevrolet factory and since the demand is sluggish a bit .The production is slow and they are not making models on go .Is this true.   

It may probably be true.

Moreover, as the specific car (combination of make, model, variant and color) is not much sought after, there will be significant delay between the manufacturer's out-of-factory date and the date of actual sale at the dealer's place.  This is not unusual.  Instead of worrying about the date of manufacturer, you should worry about ensuring that the car was indeed `unused and brand new'.  How you do it depends upon your level of dealing with the dealer and by having a thorough checking of the car (preferably by a non-Chevy auto mechanic).  You may also ask the dealer to show you their own records to indicate exactly when did the car came to that dealer.  Usually, the dealers will show this, if you ask.  If they had received the car in July or Aug, and is with him for only two months (of Sep and Oct), then it is OK.  Verify these and take the car if that is what you originally had asked for.

The dealer says that we ll get only jun/jul models maximum since the have been sent from Chevrolet factory and since the demand is sluggish a bit .The production is slow and they are not making models on go .Is this true.   

That can also be a true piece of info considering the fact that both the cars i.e. Beat & CRUZE are produced at same Chevrolet Talegaon plant.

Since CRUZE is having a limited demand & after July GM-Chevrolet is more production oriented towards Beat Diesel which is more of a Volume based product.

IMHO, this Intermittent production hardly matters, instead what matters more is the type & condition of the car you'll get.

Personally speaking July 2011 make isn't even too much old either, its just 2-3 months old.

Do careful PDI-Checkup, rest everything will be fine & can be taken care by the Warranty, itself.

Another practical thing you can only do that is, Try to contact another Chevrolet Dealer in your vicinity for the availability of the same.

When to their yard and did a thorough pdi of the car .It looks spanking new and seems unused.@Dr nishu i have contacted the other dealers both say 12 days for delivery and i have gone through all the 3 dealers and found the new dealer khiviraj motors a better bet as they are also sole dealers for renault , and have maruti suzuki and given a hefty discount of 50,000rs on the on road price since its a new dealership. whereas KLN motors doesnt seem bothered in selling their cars to customers and have a dont care attitude . Sundhram motors gave a meager discount of 10,000rs and didn't have the basic knowledge whether velvet red is metallic or not .Anyways the cruze looked fine in their yard and hasn't been touched .   

@Abhiqtr:

You really don't need to worry about that gey.The car will work simply perfect.

Just take care of the piece of advice given by Dr Nishu about the interior shades.

My uncle is having a Chevrolet Optra Magnum 2.0 TCDi and I often drive it.This car was bought by him in March 2010 and the made(manufacturing month)was October 2009 but the car is simply perfect.Even my Laura TSI was also 3 months old at the time I got the delivery,but its working better than the best.

@Tsivipul Its a 2011 with the jet black interiors with titanium dashboard inserts saw and verified it .just pours oodles of sexiness on the cruze .can't wait to take delivery of the beast smiley36.gif .

... Its a 2011 with the jet black interiors with titanium dashboard inserts saw and verified it .just pours oodles of sexiness on the cruze .can't wait to take delivery of the beast smiley36.gif .

Look no further.

Just go for it & push the dealer for maximum discounts.

Good luck.

Hope to see your Ownership thread on Velvet Red Chevrolet CRUZE soon.

smiley7.gif encountered a hiccup today.Since today was bakrid the registration of the car couldn't be done .But my mom being a spiritual person insisted today being a good day wanted to take delivery of the car .we told the dealer that we take the car and register it on tuesday .The dealer says that we can take the car to the temple .but must handover it back to the driver from their side and will not allow us to take it home and bring it to the rto owing to the insurance since its valid only from the time of registration .So are we not allowed to take the vehicle or is the dealer playing with us .More over he told we can take delivery of vehicle on Wednesday.but my mom is telling the next good day is on a Monday .So sad i am not able to see my cruze today!!!