Ford_EcoSport.jpg

Ford had announced eight new models for India by 2015, one of which
(the all new Fiesta) has already been launched. This leaves us with
seven models in the next three years, few of which are certain (Focus,
Mondeo, Fiesta Hatchback). Ford has clearly mentioned that they plan to
expand market share by launching new models which will help them
increase their sales. Cars like the Mondeo will not contribute much to
Ford

The side profile best describes a premier Rio. But I doubt if this is the model ford is going to launch. The mini SUV is based on Fiesta platform and is a close resemblance to Ford Vertrek.

The interior best describes a ford figo. Although this very thing should come to India if Ford wants to keep price in check. So cannot completely rule out the possibility. I would personally prefer this old school to some swanky designed overpriced dud.

This is the previous generation model.India will get

a new one which is yet to be officially revealed.

The prices are going to be no where close to these

predictions.10Lks ex for the base model would be the

most probable price.

Looking at the pricing from Ford( since this is also based on new Fiesta platform), they will madly price this against XUV, this IMHO, will be a market dud, but this would make people feel DUSTER got immense value and if thats priced 2-3L below ecosport, that should be a clear winner.

Similar kind of war broke between Jazz 'n i20 earlier and i20 won at the cost of Jazz 'n its priciness.

PS- I say 2-3L below because thats the kind of price difference one can derive based on their platform( Logan Vs New Fiesta)

SCOOP! Ford EcoSport coming next year

The next big thing from Ford since the

Figo. It will be powered by a 1.5-litre, 90bhp diesel motor, will be

priced around Rs 7-9 lakh. 2012 launch.

The new Fiesta may not have taken off quite as strongly as Ford expected it to, but the American carmaker still has a couple of aces up its sleeve. One of them is the yet-to-be-revealed EcoSport.

Known internally as the B515, this next-generation EcoSport will be unveiled at the 2012 Auto Expo, followed by a launch in Brazil in the first few months of the year. The current EcoSport is quite popular in Brazil and since India has similar market dynamics to Brazil, Ford is hoping to replicate that success here.

The EcoSport is built on Ford

The vehicle unveiled today is still concept one as is depicted on the ford india website also.

Design will be more in line with the model available in Brazil.

Though the length will be less than 4m in India (model available in brazil is more than 4m)

At the end it will all come down to the pricing.

Ford needs to get the pricing right this time and not commit the blunder they did for the new fiesta

Ford Ecosport was unveiled

Images

This looks to me a very compact SUV. Somewhat what M&M Mini Xylo could look a like. At the same time, I doubt on its handling on high speeds due to very high ground clearance.

For Ford, in oder to write another success, money making story...EcoSport's Pricing is crucial key.

I expect thi car to be in range of 5 to 8 lakh else it is going to sell average in India

IMHO, this engine will be useful to Ford New Fiesta Hatch to price the car very aggressively. Imagine a 120+ BHP Hot Hatch at 6-7L Bracket.

@DD

Thank you DD, It was just my opinion, Today, I read another article on Petrol Duster specs. Do you really think its worthy to promote a engine that is going to hardly touch triple digit sales.

Atleast in India, SUV = Diesel, be it big or mini or micro or nano.

I agree Bala. With the weight that a petrol engine will have to carry, one can't expect good kms per liter in a country where the first question asked is "kitna deti hai??"

Even though 1 ltr EcoBoost, I don't think the engine can do something like a 12-14 kmpl. Of course that would be the figure ARAI will agree with smiley36.gif (under standard test conditions)

And with the budget threatening to add 80k more on a diesel and overall increase of 2% in excise duty, I don't see this car priced anywhere below 8.5 lacs and will go all the way up to 10.5 lacs.

As far as the Fiesta hatch is concerned, yes, this engine will be a very useful one for it. The only thing that needs to be seen is how the pricing of both these cars go. As this is a new engine in the family, will there be a premium attached to it?

Will it be shared with the Figo as well?

This Ecoboost engine, if the specifications are to be believed, will set a new benchmark in the automotive scene here. You've got a relatively compact engine (1 litre) which still gives you power expected of bigger (1.6 litre or so) engines, and the expected mileage, so if all the Fords have this breed of engine, it will be really good for them.

The Ecosport, though, may sell well only as a diesel- we've seen failed attempts at selling the petrol Scorpio, petrol Safari, petrol Forester and Suzuki is still trying to sell the petrol Grand Vitara. It still makes more sense than some of the hulking SUVs selling here.