Hi

Abt. a month back I purchased Logan DLS. It came with 55/70 Watt Halogen bulbs which is sufficient for City Driving but for highway driving these headlights are not sufficient.

My question is :

1. Is it advisable to change the Halogen bulbs to higher wattage ?

2. Do you suggest that I chould go for Xenon lights.

I checked with Dealer, and he suggested me to go for Xenon lights and gave me a pricing of Rs. 12K.

Regards

Rakesh

xenon lights look cool and last longer. although they are not that efficient when faced with an oncoming glare, that is what i have heard.

since, u do a lot of highway driving, try higher wattage halogens.

I have a comment and a query:

Comment:  Higher wattage Halogens should be a no-no even though they are so prevalent. The bulb itself carries a warning - Not for Street Use.

Query: .By  Xenons I presume we are talking about projectors and not just Xenon filled Halogens. Now projectors as far as I know are discharge lamps, which will require ballasts, ignitors etc. . Are they available as drop in bulb replacements (with the additional electronics, of course), or does the headlamp unit have to be changed? If so where does one get these? Are they legal?

Hey there... i was also encountering the same situation abt 3 months back.... i changed them to 100/130 Watt Philips Rally Bulbs... do not go in for Xenon's as they live up only in City Driving Conditions.. but for highways they are useless... But incase you are putting up similar kind of bulbs as mine... you would have to change the wiring and the relays... it would cost you totally around abut Rs 1500/-

(PS): And also watch out for the Wiring... (Ask and Demand for a Concealed Wiring)

There is a difference between Xenon lights and white coloured lights.

Many shops carry these white coloured bulbs marked as Xenon. These lamps are inefficient and you'd be better off with your regular lamps.

Actual Xenon lamps are also called HID - High Intensity Discharge. These come with electrical ballasts, their own wiring and cost upwards of Rs.15000.

FRG

Thanks FRG for clarifying one point. The other point whetherthe headlamp assembly is replaced, or simply the discharge lamp inserted to replace the H4 bulb.

If the latter then I hope the lamp is made so that the discharge zone position is exactly the filament in an H4 and that the discharge volume is also very similar to the H4 filament. (Very few cars use H1's in India!). Otherwise, the beam pattern canl be crazy. 

Thanks FRG for clarifying one point. The other point whetherthe headlamp assembly is replaced' date=' or simply the discharge lamp inserted to replace the H4 bulb.

If the latter then I hope the lamp is made so that the discharge zone position is exactly the filament in an H4 and that the discharge volume is also very similar to the H4 filament. (Very few cars use H1's in India!). Otherwise, the beam pattern canl be crazy.  [/quote']

Bosch HID kits in Delhi cost 7000 onwards, and yes the problem that u have pointed out of the reflected beams going crazy exists hence all the company fitted HID kits come with a Projector Assembly to focus the beams properly, also in many countries it is illegal to install HID kits in High Beam Assembly as it can blind the oncoming traffic, hence all the company fitted HID kits come with an automatic Headlamp levelling Feature.

hi there,

i am planning to change the bulbs on my Palio heads.no xenons as i don hav the heart pour out too much for jus a pair of heads and also for the fact that i often drive on highways.i,ve read somewhere of Philips Xenon "type " bulbs.anybody know how good they are and if they can be fitted on Pal?should there be any major changes/retrofits in the light assembly?

[

Bosch HID kits in Delhi cost 7000 onwards, and yes the problem that u have pointed out of the reflected beams going crazy exists hence all the company fitted HID kits come with a Projector Assembly to focus the beams properly, also in many countries it is illegal to install HID kits in High Beam Assembly as it can blind the oncoming traffic, hence all the company fitted HID kits come with an automatic Headlamp levelling Feature.

Bosch do not make HID kits the ones in the market are cheap chinese fakes

how much will the White Halogen from Philips cost , i think i want to change my lights on the Swft to the white halogens , what cinfigurtaion should i go for and aprox price of these white halogens?

Cheers!!!

how much will the White Halogen from Philips cost ' date=' i think i want to change my lights on the Swft to the white halogens , what cinfigurtaion should i go for and aprox price of these white halogens?

Cheers!!!
[/quote']

if u still want to get the white bulbs installed, then Philips Pair 55/60 (Blue)would cost u around Rs.900 and would directly replace your stock bulbs without any ned to install cutouts or wire cutting.

I would advise you not to. Do you have good fog lamps' date=' if not, get them installed. [/quote']

Why would you advise anyone to use fog lamps except in the appropriate situations many of our drivers use fog lamps all the time which is stupid as they are not focussed and cause problems for oncoming as well as following drivers. In countries with sensible driving rules and etiquette it is illegal to switch them on unless the fog reaches a certain density. Considering that we rarely have fog in most parts of the country it would be better if manufacturers did not provide fog lights and advertise them as if they were a much desired accessory.

Agreed. The old way was to wire them in parallel to the High Beam, which was eminently sensible.

It is better to have low mounted fogs than put 100W bulbs in the main beam which is what many people want to do. The lesser evil !

Thanks FRG for clarifying one point. The other point whetherthe headlamp assembly is replaced' date=' or simply the discharge lamp inserted to replace the H4 bulb.

If the latter then I hope the lamp is made so that the discharge zone position is exactly the filament in an H4 and that the discharge volume is also very similar to the H4 filament. (Very few cars use H1's in India!). Otherwise, the beam pattern canl be crazy.  [/quote']

Where in delhi can i get the Bosch HID kit ?