guiguiswiss

150'000km with a Hyundai Tucson V6 4WD!

150'000km with a Hyundai it's possible! And without problems smiley2.gif

images049640x480.jpg

To begin, the Tucson is not our car, but that of someone in my family. It's a car that I know very well, and I used often. This is the report after 150'000km of use...

This is a 2005 Hyundai Tucson 2.7 V6 GLS 4WD with a 4-speed automatic gearbox ordered on June 2005 and delivered on July 2005. The only option is the green metallic paint "Acqua Silver". The equipment is very complete, it includes : leather seats, CD player, automatic A/C, 6 airbags, ABS/ESP, 16' aluminium wheels, 4WD, V6 engine and 4WD for about 1'956'000inr.

images042640x480.jpg

The engine is a 175hp 2.7 V6 very smooth and with a pleasant powerful and sound. The gearbox is a 4-speed automatic with a manual shifting mode, soft but a little slow to use and there are only 4 speeds...

photo0488i.jpg moteur

It's a very quiet car, at 900rpm it seems that the engine is off! The ride comfort is very good but the seats are slippery and don't keep the body well in the turns. On snow the Tucson is very effective even with conventional tires. On 150'000km the fuel economy was 13.2 liters for 100km, about 7.6km/liter.

images046640x480.jpg

The interior quality is very good but the leather used is cheap. A/C is very effective.

What about reliability and maintenance?

images050640x480.jpg

We must recognize the excellent reliability of the car, the during 150'000km Tucson has never been in the garage for another reason other reason than scheduled maintenance. Not a failure, despite an intensive use: 35'000km per year.

Scheduled services are every 30'000km, the price is correct, The most expensive is the 90'000km because of timing belt (about 67'500inr). The genuine parts are a little bit expensive at Hyundai dealer. Tires lifetime is 40'000km and platinum sparks : 90'000km!

images057640x480.jpg

And you what do you think about this car?

Hyundai Tucson was sold in India too with a 2.0 L diesel engine only. It did not sell well here and the 2.7 V6 gasoline last saw service in India in the Hyundai Sonata. In Indian traffic conditions it delivered mileage in the region of 5 KMPL or less in city conditions. My Elantra 1.8L manual gasoline gives same mileage as your V6 Tucson, in city traffic conditions. Thanks for the pics and update.Durango Dude2011-11-04 17:17:02

@Durango Dude:

I have never driven an Elantra but once have seated in one and was really impressed because the car felt very comfy.

Do you mean that an Elantra 1.8 gives about 5-6kpl in city?

That's really a pathetic FE.

@Durango Dude:I have never driven an Elantra but once have seated in one and was really impressed because the car felt very comfy.Do you mean that an Elantra 1.8 gives about 5-6kpl in city?That's really a pathetic FE

I get between 7 and 8 kmpl in the city that's what I meant in my reply. 5-6 kmpl is what you can expect from a V6 Sonata in Indian conditions.

It's really a terrific gas mileage! The Tucson was about 6.5km/l in city.

Here we had 3 engines for the Tucson : 2.0 and 2.7 petrol and 2.0 diesel and the majority of Tucson are diesel but this Tucson is registered in Switzerland (my second country smiley17.gif ) and in Switzerland all cars have a petrol engine...

How much is one liter of gasoline and diesel in India now?