Sign in to follow this  
sham

Air filter hands on anyone?

Hi All,

Its time for my FIAT's 3rd service , its done about 20k on the odometer for now.

When i spoke to the service guys i realized that they will need to change the Air filter.

So i thought instead of going for standard paper filters offered by FIAT i can look at K&N air filter as well..

I went to a guy whom i trust and looked at it.. He said there will be a good 5-6BHP increase because of the new filter.

Also i looked at its construction and compared to paper filters i truly believe what he said...

Found this video on youtube (

).

Please let me know if anyone is using this and has found commendable change with the vehicle's behavior.

Thanks

So i thought instead of going for standard paper filters offered by FIAT i can look at K&N air filter as well..

I went to a guy whom i trust and looked at it.. He said there will be a good 5-6BHP increase because of the new filter.

Please let me know if anyone is using this and has found commendable change with the vehicle's behavior.

Thanks

1. Yes, you can go for K&N filters. No issues. Stock filter or Universal conical or CAI ?

2. Bull sh*t. A K&N can never increase any power. Even the best CAI will just improve bottom end revs will be a bit free. This is the most common misconception and I do not blame you.

3. I have a stock replacement filter for my alto. The engine note is bit different when you rev. No performance benefits at all. BTW you need cat ears to understand the note difference.

Suggestion : Only putting a K&N is just waste of money. Putting a CAI improves bottom end, but only by a fraction. A good K&N will set you back by Rs5k-6k. Unless you have any stage1 mods in mind, stay away from a mere k&n.

Moreover fitting a filter requires calculated pipe diameter and length, which is generally not given proper importance and not all is properly educated about the install. Finding a cool zone is a tough job too. Unless your installer is a reputed performance expert, stay away from a performance filter.

If you struggle to get yer paws clean, how the hell did you get
the filter clean in the first place - you did clean it didn't you.?!

Try this

- Take a decent sized bucket and fill with a couple of inches diesel

- Yip use surgical gloves

- Remove the filter from the bike and backing ring, put in diesel and wash it by diping and squeezing, do not wring.

- Then wash the filter, and your hands, in warm water with any decent soap - such as dishwashing liquid.

- Oil the filter and re-install