Anand Sivaraj

Mitsubishi Mirage? Does it make to India

Globally, the trend of small superminis is catching up with developed

markets like US and UK shifting their likings to hatchbacks.

Mitsubishi-Mirage.jpg

Embracing the trend is Mitsubishi which will showcase its new small

car Mirage at the Tokyo Motor Show. The Mirage is the production version

of the Global Small Concept

that was first shown in Geneva earlier this year. This B segment

hatchback measures 3,710mm long, 1,665mm wide and 1490mm high and is

specifically developed for the emerging markets.

Mitsubishi-Mirage-rear-right.jpg

As one can see, the production version is nowhere near to the concept

version that was showcased in Geneva. The styling is considerable toned

down to makes sure that the cost doesn

HM has sold 161 units of Amby and Mitsubishi has sold 224 units mainly comprising the old Pajero workhorse which sold 150 units, in Oct 2011. I think the company and management have slipped into a deep coma and should be put on ventilatory (BIFR) support. HM Mitsubishi is one company that is worse off than Fiat (which at least sold close to 700 units in Oct 2011). New product launches: forget it.

According to me The car looks like a product of MSI A-star and Hyundai i20. As the discussion goes, FIAT and Mitsubishi doing same mistake, they lack in ASS and both paired into to a non beneficial partnership and not for the partner.(joint-venture) and they're not bringing up their new products, still we're having a decade old lancer model and FIAT still not bringing up the 1.6 multijet engine, and not updating(like punto) its stable.

I would agree with Anand.. there is a major issue with Mitsubishi's ASS also the only eastern brands that indians have agreed to are the Suzuki and Honda... I highly doubt we can add more to this list.

FIAT was lucky and its earlier presence here must have taught them lessons well enough to tie up with other comps and donate it's engines to keep its share of the market alive...

Mitsubishi has to come up with a plan like that.

FIAT was lucky and its earlier presence here must have taught them lessons well enough to tie up with other comps and donate it's engines to keep its share of the market alive...Mitsubishi has to come up with a plan like that.

Fiat brand is a brilliant brand outside India. They're having bucketfull of Sub-brands, Super techonologies & patents under their umbrella.

But scenario with Mitsubishi isn't exactly the same as except Chassis & Suspension calibration technologies they're not having much technology with them.

Amongst engines they're having series of hi-tech MIVEC petrol & few ordinary Turbo-diesel engines alongwith them.

They're more focussed about their other Heavy Industry products like AC's, etc.

Mirage has always been the moniker for the economical car from Mitsubishi and was first launched in 1978, to tackle the then fuel crisis. Till 1996, the Japanese carmaker launched four models under this brand name and now it has been resurrected in view of fuel efficient cars needed in developing countries.

A Mitsubishi & an economical hatchback -will definitely create the ripples across its segment.
But what Mitsubishi needs will be the small yet refined common-rail diesel engine & stronger Dealer-AfSS Network.

Engines are never a problem with Mitsubishi, its will.

Engines are never a problem with Mitsubishi' date=' its will.
[/quote']

But India is yet to see a Hi-tech Diesel engine in a Mitsubishi car(not SUV).

IIRC, last time i heard/read of a Diesel engine for a Mitsubishi car was the VW sourced(Laura/Jetta based) 1.9 Pumpe-duse/TDi engine in a latest Lancer(evo-like), years back featured in some Auto mag.

So, highlighted the advanced Common-rail engine for if feasible Mirage hatch.