raj_5004

Your pick of the following?

vote for your favourite SUV/MPV...  

21 members have voted

1. 1. vote for your favourite SUV/MPV...

Saladin I like the Safari and my family had one earlier ltd edition it didn't give any troube for 90k but then tires ,fuel pump and new shockers were changed and the only reason for sale was we wanted more power. I don't want any debate here.

Saladin I like the Safari and my family had one earlier ltd edition it didn't give any troube for 90k but then tires ' date='fuel pump and new shockers were changed and the only reason for sale was we wanted more power. I don't want any debate here.[/quote']

rrsh,

Much as I like the Safari over Scorpio, Saladin has a valid point, very few Safari give flawless performance, many quality control issues pop up, brand new Safaris have had huge failures, I was one such unfortunate owner who in his woeful 8 months of painful ownership had to endure a diff failure, two transfer case solenoid failures, multiple axle hop issues and lastly, the rear gear gave out. The final straw was when my engine started consuming oil, this after regular use of expensive premium Delvac-1 synthetic diesel oil. Please don't tell people not to voice their opinion, that defeats the purpose of this forum. Saladin and I have had many debates but never did we ever try and bar either of us from voicing our opinions. Its all fair, even when there is passion involved.

Saladin, back up the facts so your post will look more relevant.

Saladin I like the Safari and my family had one earlier ltd edition it didn't give any troube for 90k but then tires ' date='fuel pump and new shockers were changed and the only reason for sale was we wanted more power. I don't want any debate here.[/quote']

rrsh,
Much as I like the Safari over Scorpio, Saladin has a valid point, very few Safari give flawless performance, many quality control issues pop up, brand new Safaris have had huge failures, I was one such unfortunate owner who in his woeful 8 months of painful ownership had to endure a diff failure, two transfer case solenoid failures, multiple axle hop issues and lastly, the rear gear gave out. The final straw was when my engine started consuming oil, this after regular use of expensive premium Delvac-1 synthetic diesel oil. Please don't tell people not to voice their opinion, that defeats the purpose of this forum. Saladin and I have had many debates but never did we ever try and bar either of us from voicing our opinions. Its all fair, even when there is passion involved.
Saladin, back up the facts so your post will look more relevant.

Seems you're not content with theTata Suffery, er, I mean Safari you bought. Its better if people learn from others' mistakes rather than commit them again and go aboard the vicious of erring and learning..

As far as backing my posts with data is concerned, I know that you guys are out there, ready to do it any daysmiley2.gif!

A point here about choice, its sad that most ignore the excellent high power petrol Innova for the diesel one, however bear in mind, buying the petrol Innova gives one chance to own the excellent Camry's VVTi inline 4 which is truly smooth and economical. So for Rs.11L you get a fully loaded real spacious Camry in Innova package. Please don't overlook this splendid vehicle if your pocket can shell out money for petrol over diesel. I have driven the Petrol Innova in Philippines and I can tell you, its one smooth nice vehicle there.

Very true. I miss the VVTi because my dad's is the diesel version. But then, the diesel's easier on the pocket and so are the running costs. The vehicle does give the thrill while driving, but then, who wouldn't want something better?

@ saladin: hey buddy, i liked that tata"suffery" of yours.....   smiley36.gif

@ gurkha: u r quite right. the innova's petrol engine is awesome. but nobody goes for it because of terrible resale value compared to diesel innovas. nobody really cares for a petrol innova in the second hand market. the dealer i went to, himself told me to stay away from the petrol model as i will get a car lying in the godown for 6 months, as sales are negligible.

yes, i myself agree to that, since i love driving. i even test drove the petrol and found it to be much superior than the diesel nnova. but how many of the value coscious indians will think like us?? all they ask when they buy a car is : "average kitna hain"??

yes' date=' i myself agree to that, since i?love driving. i even test drove the petrol and found it to be much superior than the diesel nnova.?but how many of the value coscious indians will think like us?? all they ask when they buy a car is : "average kitna hain"??[/quote']

There is no panacea for Average Kitna Hai, its the very same attitude that killed the RD350, but times are now slowly and steadily changing here with the younger gen and thankfully so.