sathya

Cracking sound in reverse gear

When i am on my reverse gear my alto k10 makes some cracking noise. I have left my car for the past 2-3 months (ocassionally starting) due to drainage work in my area. Why this unusual sound is coming? And melody maker is also not functioning? Is this a serious issue?

Should not be an issue with battery. Are you sure that you are not missing the slot? Sometimes the gear channels create some sound due to misalignment.

Moreover do you have a back horn ? That can be a reason as well.

I had some rubbery sound from my gearbox sometimes back(in all gears)which disappeared after gear oil change.

I hope you have free service left and the car is under warranty too. So you need not worry

i have only extra vibrasonic horn, not back horn. Instead i have melody maker.Yes,service and warranty is there. But if we are in a position that we cannot take the car out and it is left for 2-3 months in the same position. What should we do?

Do you have a relay fitted with vibrasonic? They are powerful horns, but nothing to do with the reverse gear problem. If you dont, get one relay fitted.

If a car is supposed to hibernate for two months, you should have disconnected the battery terminal and keep the car covered up.

What is relay? Now the sound has gone little bit.I will get that ok in the next service.

I am not able to clean my windshield and windows properly, how can i clean, is there any wash for that? I am using amway car wash for other exterior parts.

And also recommend for interior?

Thread moved.
BornFree2011-11-18 13:25:28

Relay is a small booster like box fixed not to load the battery with your Horn.

158.jpg

For Windshield, go to any Maruti showroom and ask for Windscreen Cleaner. Its a spray that costs just 100INR or so.

For Interiors, check out Privilage Auto Spa, Nandanam.

If its a manual, I wonder if the forks probably bent a little, i know the intake hose has a small crack. The tricky part is the swinging of the axle to clear the Rack & Pinion. It has to be sticking all the way up so that you can lower the trans.