Anand Sivaraj

2013 Fiat Linea ?

A-speculative-render-of-the-2013-Fiat-Li

A speculative render of the 2013 Fiat Linea Sedan.

The car in the picture looks heavily inspired by Alfa Romeo, a luxury

sports car marque under the Fiat umbrella. Apparently, this is how the

future Fiat Linea will look. The 2013 Linea is speculated to be

showcased at the upcoming 2012 Detroit Motor Show and might feature a

Multiair(Fiat acronym for a turbopetrol with variable valve technology)

engine. Going by the looks of it and the scheduled arrival into

international markets as the 2013 model of the Linea, don

Really a great looking car.

Infact Fiat Spa, Italy again seems to be succeeded in carriying over the legacy of creating a Gorgeous cars.

Except in 80s, we Indian's always remained devoid of what FIAT actually is, as sometimes it was due to Service & sometimes due to cost competitiveness.

But I think its the time to realize & utilize their full potential, as we Indians have already realized the european beauty in the cars & VW have successfully created a benchmark here to work upon.

Well,what is the use of killer designs when you are unable to serve your customers up to the mark?

The current Linea is also carrying the killer looks and a good engine too but still the fantastic car is getting the worst beating..

The design look more like an Alfa Romeo to me than the new 3 er's .

It think the new model may look offensive to many coz the current version looks so great that even the worst of the worst critic will say it looks delicious (I m fat smiley36.gif).

Lets see if Fiat can reduce the weight which retaining the build quality in the new model so that the engine feel peppier or atleast get 1.6 MJD.

Generally I love cars that are sharper & bolder, like say Old Swift, octy, Beat/Cruze, but cars like Linea or Civic are like sculptures with curves. I am totally against upcoming Civic or Linea. We cant do anything about civic, but the current linea wont be taken off our market in the near future.

PS- Who wants to introduce a new car when the old one does miniscule sales?

@creative bala everyone has different tastes . When I was in the market for a car in 2009 the ANHC and linea were the contender and ANHC was eliminated as soon as we saw the curvy linea .

Fiat needs more independant showrooms and service centre space dedicated at TSC .

Ps- You are pointy person that why you have a lambo as the DP smiley20.gif

Nice looking design, but what is with all manufacturers sudden love for hexagonal grills? All new cars and facelifts are moving towards it. I really like the looks of current Linea. The current aggressive crop of Verna and Fiesta look to brash to me. I prefer more subtle cars, less edgy like Vento and Rapid.

Fiat has design parts already covered very well. What it needs to do is concentrate on service. The souring Suzuki-VW relationship maybe its biggest benefit. It is the only way for its cars to cross a total of even 4000 per month in Indian market.

I love Fiats like anything. right now owing 3rd fiat. I even want to buy Freemont whenever it will launch in india. But when FIAT will open eyes in India * come out of pathetic tie with TaTa. Only thing which is keeping many potential customers off from FIAT is the poor ASS from Tata. & stubborn attitude of work manager their.

The Linea does look good and follows the Fiat tradition of good looking cars, I am biased I love Fiats smiley1.gif . Fiat really needs to get some momentum going in the India market to improve their sales from the dismal numbers they are doing now. A revised Punto Evo and new Linea should get a few customers into the showrooms.

Before the new models come out they need to come up with a clear marketing strategy to remove the perception among people that Fiat cars are costly to run and maintain. Why not come up with some service package for 3 years or 5 years?

Next they would need to really improve the showrooms and after sales service, it desperately needs an overhaul. Let

The current gen Linea is infinitely more classy and European. This looks more like a quirky Korean. More Hyundai than Fiat actually. However, replacing the MJD in India seems too distant to materialize given how much acceptance it has garnered amongst both manufacturers and buyers.